Independent Service West Berks / North Hampshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phil Holcroft

Car
E430 Avantegarde
Hi,

Apologies if this is old news but there's an independent started up near me called Pro-tech. It's run by an ex-merc dealership trained guy with "10 years experience". A friend of mine had some work done there and was very pleased - especially with the labour rate (under £40 per hour I think). He will do an A-Service in 1.5 to 1.0 hours and a B-service in 2.6 hours, that was on my W210 but I think it applies accross the board.
I would also add that he seems refreshingly honest and competent - and has all the required widgets for mercs - professional engine management PC and all that gear..
Sorry if this sounds too much like an advert but may be worth a try if you have a real sticky problem or you want to save on costs.

Sorry - forgot to get the chap's name, details as follows:

Pro-tech
Unit 17, Orchard Business Park
Kingsclere
Newbury Berks RG20 4SY
( 01635 299811 or Mobile 07766 505010)
email: [email protected]

Regards,

Phil.

Well its news to me and close (to work at least).... thanks for the address, I've got a B service due before too long.... :crazy:

FYI, the chap's name is Darren Mills, and to date all the feedback I've heard regarding Pro-Tech has been good.

It's a difficult choice living in this area, as Tony Purslow in Basingstoke (about 10 miles down the road) offer heavily discounted servicing on cars over 6 years old (which covers both the SL and the C250), and that ends up being nearly the same price.

Even more difficult when you consider that Purslows are one of the best team of folks I've ever ever dealt with - efficient, friendly, supportive and genuine.

K

You've answered my query, having aquired my 03, C220 I Estate today, I was wondering about servicing. I asked the Oxford Merc dealer who quoted £400 for an oil sevice, I'm sure with a straight face, though I could'nt see over the phone. Is it any wonder BMW and Merc owners go to France for a service.
I hate main dealers anyway, you wait 2 weeks for an appointment and never see the same person twice. I think I can live without the Cappucino and wide screen TV whilst I'm waiting, a plastic chair and a plastic cup of tea will be just fine.

Another vote for Pro-Tech here!

Not only did Darren replace the discs and pads all round on my C43 for just over £250 less than Tony Purslow he has just talked me through replacing the MAF on my car as he couldn't fit me in for a few days and the job was urgent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom