Independent wanted in Rossendale area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunnylodge

Hi, can anyone recommend and independent in the Rossendale area that can be relied on to service and repair?
Have a 2 year old C class with LPG conversion that runs great but do not want to go to a main dealer as they are not trustworthy.
Moved from the North East recently so losing my independent there.

Advice much appreciated.

try www.vccprestige.co.uk local in rochdale been in the area for years nice people and good prices by the way how is the lpg doing i got rid of my lpg for cdi 220 i would be interested in knowing what mpg ta

Thanks for that, do they service as well there is no mention on the web site? The car does well on MPG returning over 30 most times but depending on the traffic situation. Still a good deal cheaper than petrol though and I feel great everytime I fill up knowing Blair and Brown are not getting my money in big taxes! Have to beat them somehow.

VCC Prestige

Funny how different people have different opinions about garages, eh? I changed my car recently and visited over ten different garages and dealers looking at fast saloons.

By far the worst I dealt with was VCC Prestige at Rochdale! I called them in March to ask about a £27k BMW M5 they had for sale and said I'd call them back the following week to arrange to travel over and have a test drive. So the next week I did just that - I called them, said I was travelling from Sale, I would be there in about an hour and would like to try the car (which I thought was a reasonable request).

When I eventually found the garage (it's down a scruffy back street), there was the M5 in the middle of the showroom. The salesman approached me after I had spent 10 minutes having a good look at the car. I told him I'd called earlier and I'd like to take the car for a spin. "I'm sorry but we have to agree a deal before we can do that" he said! :eek:

I looked at him in amazement - having a test drive only after you've agreed a deal to buy it?! I told him I hadn't just come off a boat, had the cash to buy and would agree a deal if the car drove as well as it looked. He wouldn't budge and said I needed to 'phone ahead if I wanted a test drive. I explained that I had done that but he simply shrugged his shoulders...

Suffice to say I walked away in disgust! I ended up buying a C32 AMG estate for £29k from an independent dealership in Stoke (Neil Warburton cars) and apart from the car having awesome performance (and more practicality than an M5) I was also very impressed with the courtesy and excellent service that the salesman, Ian Clewes, gave me. I notice that a month later the M5 is still for sale (at a grand less) so perhaps VCC should re-adjust their customer care programme? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom