Indesit washing machine vibrating the floor and shaking lots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossyl

Car
CLK 230K W208 Coupe (1999)(Auto)
The vibrations that come off this washing machine shake the flat.

The washing machine came with the house, and has been the same for the past year. So I don't know how old it is, but it certainly doesn't look ancient.

When i run a spin with nothing in it, it's not too bad at all.
With a very light load the vibration is very noticable.
With a normal load it's terrible.

I've tried levelling the machine, however, it is under a worktop so I do the best i can. I do think it's quite level.

It's on tiles on a suspended wood floor. I've also put thick carpet tiles under the feet to try and dampen the vibration but it barely helps.

Could anything be worn on the machine, I doubt it's just the suspended wood floor?

Thanks

(And yes, the girlfriend does enjoy it!)

Suggest taking the lid of the washing machine off and checking the springs and dampers are all still attached. If some have come adrift, it may explain the issue.

Also make sure that the concrete balance weights are held solid.

Suggest taking the lid of the washing machine off and checking the springs and dampers are all still attached. If some have come adrift, it may explain the issue.

Also make sure that the concrete balance weights are held solid.

cheers.

being a total novice any pics of what i should be looking for?

thanks

cheers.

being a total novice any pics of what i should be looking for?

thanks

There are normally 4 or more medium sized springs holding the drum to the chassis. On the underside there may also be a couple of simple plastic dampers (which could also be shot).

When new washing machines are delivered they are often shipped with the drum firmly held in place to reduce damage in transit. Before first use you are supposed to undo some screws on the back of the washing machine which allows the drum to move and soak up vibrations. Lifting off the lid and checking if the drum is free to move and is properly suspended by the springs will provide the answer to whether its been done or not.

does the machine move when no on ie 1 corner. If it does make sure all the feet are making good contatc with the floor. I had a similar issue and a very slight adjustment to the feet cured it.(You should be able to screw them in or out to make each corner lower/higher/)

What`s the model nr,it should be next to the prog knob?The only reason i ask,is to have an idea how old it is.Was it like this or it got worst?

When new washing machines are delivered they are often shipped with the drum firmly held in place to reduce damage in transit. Before first use you are supposed to undo some screws on the back of the washing machine which allows the drum to move and soak up vibrations. Lifting off the lid and checking if the drum is free to move and is properly suspended by the springs will provide the answer to whether its been done or not.

Just open the door and grab the drum and pull it towards you, it should be free to move about, if it feels rigid then the transport screws are still in place as above.

I inherited an Indesit with my flat, and it would shake violently, despite the concrete bricks etc. When it was replaced with a Bosch my flat no longer vibrated furiously. The reason - Indesit is very much at the cheap end of the market, and the engineering is poor, so the washing machine is inadequately balanced and damped.

Hi thanks a lot for the advice so far.

To answer questions...

The transport screws were still in!!! These have now been removed, but it still shakes a lot. God knows how long these were in for, at least 1yr with me (I presumed they must've been removed) So maybe the damage is done?

It's a Indesit WIA 111 - age I don't know as it came with the flat when i bought it.

I think all feet have contact with the ground, but it is mighty hard to level it when it's under the worktop.

Now more questions...

A stupid question, but I can't work out how to open the top of the machine. There's two screws either side, and a sort of plastic push-hold thing. Or should i remove the back?

It's located under the worktop, and the hoses restrict how far i can pull out the machine. The hoses connect somewhere behind the cabinets, so i really do not want to disconnect them.

Thank you for the help. Hopefully i can fix this and not incur huge cost!!!

Hi thanks a lot for the advice so far.

To answer questions...

The transport screws were still in!!! These have now been removed, but it still shakes a lot. God knows how long these were in for, at least 1yr with me (I presumed they must've been removed) So maybe the damage is done?

It's a Indesit WIA 111 - age I don't know as it came with the flat when i bought it.

I think all feet have contact with the ground, but it is mighty hard to level it when it's under the worktop.

Now more questions...

A stupid question, but I can't work out how to open the top of the machine. There's two screws either side, and a sort of plastic push-hold thing. Or should i remove the back?

It's located under the worktop, and the hoses restrict how far i can pull out the machine. The hoses connect somewhere behind the cabinets, so i really do not want to disconnect them.

Thank you for the help. Hopefully i can fix this and not incur huge cost!!!

If you really get stuck I know a washing machine repair co... I can pass you the no if you like..

If you really get stuck I know a washing machine repair co... I can pass you the no if you like..

And why i`m here for ;)

And why i`m here for ;)
Huge thanks to dw124 who not only talked me through diagnosing various common problems on the phone, but then came over when we couldn't find any.

Top man, thanks.

Oh...and the vibrations are caused by living at the top of a converted Victorian house, and the machine being on a suspended wood floor. Though it is better now...cheers dw124.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom