India on four wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking forward to that one.
I would love to visit Shimla - not by car though!

I recall being driven in an Ambassador that managed to reach its terminal velocity of just over 50mph in the fast lane of the Cochin bypass (a proper six lane job) to see an old man cycling slowly down the fast lane towards us. With much beeping and general pandemonium, we just missed.

A country where the driving is best left to the native population, I almost wore a blindfold most of the time.

I shall watch with pleasure.

Driving around in Kerala (Cochin and Trivandrum areas) was a nightmare, no lights on after dark, animals anywhere, cyclists anywhere and all with major air pollution not healthy! But a wonderful place to be.

Damn,can't get it to work!

Within the YOUTUBE tags, you only need to insert the 11-character code that follows v= in the link - in this case DfDv_K2NGvY, and keep the whole thing on one line with no spaces:

[YOUTUBE]DfDv_K2NGvY[/YOUTUBE]

That was a great programme. Real road trip stuff.

That was a great programme. Real road trip stuff.

Agreed- very entertaining but with enough content to give pause for thought. A TATA Nano for £1500!---- and they are coming to Europe---- expect by the time the parasitic Government, EEC, Environmental and NCAP legislation, the sole UK importer and dealer have all take their "legitimate" :rolleyes: slice of the cake for the final UK showroom price to be around the £5,000 mark.:wallbash: Justin Rowlatt must have a pretty robust alimentary canal is all I can say.;)

Yes we have looked into importing the nano and it will cost 5K + here.

Great program, loved it.

that rolls royce was huge...how lush was the rear compartment.. luxury hunting eh..

that rolls royce was huge...how lush was the rear compartment.. luxury hunting eh..

And how sacrilegious was it of the bimboesque presenter to say "There's no power steering on this thing." :wallbash:

Yes, a little less of the admittedly very attractive young lady nearly crashing the roller and more of the maharajah's collection would have been good.
Also noticed that even a maharajah enjoys 'lamping' :)

Excellent format though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom