Indianapolis 500 - 2011 - Final Lap - JR. Hildebrand Crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did his front right suspension collapse before the impact ?

^ No, that was hte second impact.

What boring racing oval circuit is.

Just read the post-race interview and he says that he drifted wide on the overtake due to the rubber marbles on the track.

What a pisser for that guy.

I thought at first the damaged car was driven over the line in that state to still win - until the winning positions were shown at the top...

What a pisser for that guy.

I thought at first the damaged car was driven over the line in that state to still win - until the winning positions were shown at the top...
I just read that the stewards had to check he didn't pass under a yellow flag - surely you're allowed to pass the crashed car!!

Also would a crashed car pass post race scruitineering? Might have some trouble with the weight limit if parts of the car are spread over the track.

The guy was a rookie, it wouldve been a great win for him, very unfortunate.

IT can be, and for the most part I agree, but I once had a chance to go with (since disgraced) Jeremy Mayfield's team to Bristol Speedway for the Nascar race. It was like watching 40 cars race around a wall of death! The track's so short, it's basically only 120mph max speed, but the banks are so steep even on the straight that the cars slide sideways down the track when they're not driving. Bumper to bumper, cars slammed against the walls, drafting inches from each other, a true spectacle.

"Light offside damage - repairable - parts supplied - recorded on YouTube."

If it's that boring, imagine how much more boring it would be watching men run 100 metres in a straight line.:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom