Indicator Mirrors Retrofitting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rirhill

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Estate
Seen some mirrors on ebay. Could anyone tell me if this is a hard or straight forward mod. How much are they?
Cheers
Ian

ebay

Originally posted by rirhill
Seen some mirrors on ebay. Could anyone tell me if this is a hard or straight forward mod.
It's a straight forward mod. You will need to either re-wire them with w202/w210(pre-facelift) mirror sockets, re-wire your car with w210 facelift plugs or make a mini harness adapter to go in between the carside and mirror side connectors. Last time I did this I cut off the plugs from the car side and put w210 plugs on instead, so my car could only ever accept w210 facelift mirrors. You will need to run a pair of wires inside either door for the indicators, which is an easy job. You only worry is the "memory" part, if your car doesn't already have memory mirrors then you might have to swap the adjustment motors in each mirror for the ones in your current mirrors.
How much are they?
New? Bl00min' expensive! Mirror frame (innards), glass and pre-painted shell with integrated indicator with no options (no memory, dimming glass or power folding etc) comes to over £500 for ONE door mirror! One dimming mirror glass is £150! Those ones on ebay are cheap right now, I paid about £300 for mine, they're dimming (passenger side only atm) and power folding.

Good luck if you're going to bid! :)

EDIT: and this should be in the bodywork section!

Shude
Thanks for the info. On my car at the moment they arn t folding mirrors. They are memory autodimming though is this easier or harder? I am new to this am I bidding for each mirror or both?
Cheers
Ian

On my car at the moment they arn t folding mirrors. They are memory autodimming though is this easier or harder? I am new to this am I bidding for each mirror or both?
Dimming is easy, if you have it on the old ones you can have it on the new ones, same goes for memory. I don't know if those mirrors have dimming though, he's not put it on the description, but then he might not know himself.

I am new to this am I bidding for each mirror or both?

Both from reading the advert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom