Indicator stalk wont stay clicked on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Naffdave

Car
2008 CLS 320 CDI and 2006 B200 CDI
Recently got a 2003 CLK 270 CDI very pleased with it only thing is the indicator stalk when signaling right wont stay on i have to hold it i find this tricky when trying to go round roundabouts. The left hand side is fine any easy fixes for this.

Dave

My missus had this on her previous A class.
Needed a new stalk to fix it.
On the bright side, it wasn't expensive;)

And you don't have to use your right indicator in a roundabout, because you can't turn right to leave one. Roadcraft says that if the vehicle in front of you is not indicating left you should assume that it will continue to go round til it approaches the point of exit when it should then indicate left.

Recently got a 2003 CLK 270 CDI very pleased with it only thing is the indicator stalk when signaling right wont stay on i have to hold it i find this tricky when trying to go round roundabouts. The left hand side is fine any easy fixes for this.

Dave

A new stalk for a 209 is around £100 from the stealers

And you don't have to use your right indicator in a roundabout, because you can't turn right to leave one. Roadcraft says that if the vehicle in front of you is not indicating left you should assume that it will continue to go round til it approaches the point of exit when it should then indicate left.
Is that still what they're teaching? I thought the current thinking was that it was sensible to indicate that you intended to turn right (or all the way around) as you approach the roundabout.
Obviously the requirement is still to indicate left when you intend to exit.

I thought you had to indicate right at a roundabout but not to go straight on as i was taught when learning to drive in 1970.

You should indicate right on entering roundabout, if your exit is other than 1 and 2, and switch to indicating left, once you passed the exit before yours.

This thread is going round in circles

You should indicate right on entering roundabout, if your exit is other than 1 and 2, and switch to indicating left, once you passed the exit before yours.

Just go full BMW style ;)

Reactions: GLK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom