Indicators come and go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom71

One min the indicators work and then they dont. I have also noticed that the hazrds will not work plus the heated rear windscreen switch will light but not stay on when i release the button, then when the indicators come back to life so does every thing else. Am i right in presuming its a relay? If so which one and where is it please? The car is an E reg w202. Thanks for all your help.

Tom

One min the indicators work and then they dont. I have also noticed that the hazrds will not work plus the heated rear windscreen switch will light but not stay on when i release the button, then when the indicators come back to life so does every thing else. Am i right in presuming its a relay? If so which one and where is it please? The car is an E reg w202. Thanks for all your help.

Tom

Must admit, mine are on,off,on ,off !

Sorry couldnt resist.

:)

Yea, that was my next stop with a can of contact cleaner.

I have also had one fail in the middle. It wasn't blown, it just broke at the thinnest point (prolly corrosion). Caused exactly what you are seeing

Thinking about it, the indicator fuse and headted rear window must be on a different fuse. Very confused.

can happen to more than one fuse on an older car.

Indicators not working? First thing to do is check the bonnet badge. More than likely you've accidentally bought a BMW.

Spot on, found it behind the fuse box. It had been wedged in using cardboard, i took it out cleaned it up. Jobs a good un. Thanks once again.

Though it could be the dreaded dry joint, just took out and resoldered the heater controls as dash board lights flashed when the lights were on. Hmmm might set up a company offering a re soldering service for these cars.

Was dry joints in the end, all fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom