Indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iyse

Car
Porsche Boxster
One of my front indicators is more orange the other one. The less orange one looks clear, what could this mean and how can I fix it?

it looks like the bulb. How do I get behind the whole of the front lights? I also wanna replce the bulbs with xenon bulbs, so if I can get behind the lights to replace the indicator bulb I'll do the whole thing, xenons and all.

Indicators are easy to get at ... there's a clip in the bonnet which you need to press to dis-engage the "lock" - it then slides out forwards, and you can get at the bulb holder. Should be easily visible.

Make sure you put them back properly though once you have changed the bulbs !

S.

The amber coating can peel off the bulb's glass surface with time. This might have happened so you might have some amber 'flakes / shavings' kicking around the bottom of your indicator housing.

S.

What are the clear orange bulbs I can get to kill the 'fried egg effect'?

Philips Silvervision (bluey silver appearance, but flash orange), or Silvatec bulbs, from your local motor factors, or online - www.autobulbsdirect.com which are completely silvered, and flash orange !!

S.

Last edited:
Steve_Perry said:
The amber coating can peel off the bulb's glass surface with time. This might have happened so you might have some amber 'flakes / shavings' kicking around the bottom of your indicator housing.
One of mine has done that I notice! Cheapo halfords junk.

sym said:
Philips Silvervision (bluey silver appearance, but flash orange), or Silvatec bulbs, from your local motor factors, or online - www.autobulbsdirect.com which are completely silvered, and flash orange !!

S.
I'm pretty sure that the Philips are a straight silver. It's the Ring Silver Enigmas that can have quite a bluey appearance. I have the Ring SE's as the blue goes quite well with the car's colour...

NSF%20indicator.jpg

S.

I need to order some silver visions for the front. I had them on my previous car and forgot to take 'em out. I decided that it wasn't worth the messing around for a pair of bulbs, bearing in mind the other mods I had to rip out before the car was crushed! :(

Steve_Perry said:
I'm pretty sure that the Philips are a straight silver. It's the Ring Silver Enigmas that can have quite a bluey appearance. I have the Ring SE's as the blue goes quite well with the car's colour...

S.

You are quite right, of course !! The silvervisions have a very very slight orange hue, which is just visible - nothing like the regular fried egg look though !

S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom