Indicators.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bayleaf

Car
SL350 R231 2013
Hi on my 2013 SL when I indicate to turn right the warning light flashes quickly and a message comes up saying right rear indicator fault. But the actual indicator is flashing as it should. Once the ignition is turned off and then on again it doesn't do it again for month's Any ideas anyone.

There LED units unfortunately. Everything works as it should with the hazard's on so I thought it might be a bad connection with a relay but I don't know which one it is or indeed if there is one. In the old days on some cars with the hazards on you could hear or feel the relevant relay ticking. The hand book is not much help either. I've cleaned the earth connections in the engine bay, but as it's an aluminium body and the cars only done 39k I don't think that would have made any difference, but you never know. As said previously it might not do it again for months. 😕

No blinker relay on a 2013 Mercedes. Could be a misbehaving led bar like on the mirrors.

Hi Like I said in my original post the indicator is actually working at normal speed it's the dash one that's flashing fast which on a car with conventional lighting would indicate ( pardon the pun ) a faulty or blown bulb. But that's interesting to know there's no relay.

I had a similar problem with my indicator on my b class W245 it turned to be the cables inside the mirror housing that frayed had them repaired now all ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom