Induction hobs

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by ShaunB, Sep 13, 2018.

1. DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood MB Club Veteran

Car:
    BMW
    I smell bacon when it heats up.

It might be faulty, it's always done it, should have sent it back but it's too late now. No doubt the Mrs will flip out and buy a properly expensive one eventually.

2. Smart320

Smart320 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R172 SLK 55AMG , A 210 Evolution , Toyota RAV4 3 dr
    We have a Kitchen Aid hob, brilliant, power control is a slider, easy to vary power and very responsive, as fast to change temp as a gas hob and much cleaner. Installed over a drawer by the way .
    My mother has a cheap brand bought from B&Q , terrible to control, works but I would put it in a skip and start again. Had a ceramic hob previously and hated it!

3. philsmerc

philsmerc Active Member

Car:
    S205 C250 BlueTEC AMG Line estate
    Both of my son's have induction hobs (Neff) one of which was installed by the kitchen fitter (over a cutlery drawer) and one I did (over an oven).

The only trouble they've had in around 5 years is when their respective wives managed to drop something on the hob, shattering the glass surface!:(

Both were purchased from John Lewis (which included a good guarantee) and both were replaced (you can just replace the glass top) FOC. They have been very pleased with them.

4. Happytalk73

Happytalk73 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Vito
    Are you in a narky mood today? I think you know what I meant.

5. Piff

Piff Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian, A207 E250CDi Cabriolet Sport, R171 SLK280
    I've fitted several, most recently an AEG and 2 x Bosch.
    As I recall the installation instructions require a certain distance from the bottom of the hob to a drawer or a divider (which can be wood!)
    Each time I've been within a few mm of the minimum distance so I've removed the front top rail of the base unit to allow more ventilation. One of them is at home and I've never noticed cutlery or the plastic cutlery tray become even slightly warm