Induction hobs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Furniture polish and an electric job don’t go hand in hand. I’m surprised you don’t get a smell when it heats up.

I suspect the hob is faulty if it’s that temperamental.

I smell bacon when it heats up.

It might be faulty, it's always done it, should have sent it back but it's too late now. No doubt the Mrs will flip out and buy a properly expensive one eventually.

We have a Kitchen Aid hob, brilliant, power control is a slider, easy to vary power and very responsive, as fast to change temp as a gas hob and much cleaner. Installed over a drawer by the way .
My mother has a cheap brand bought from B&Q , terrible to control, works but I would put it in a skip and start again. Had a ceramic hob previously and hated it!

Both of my son's have induction hobs (Neff) one of which was installed by the kitchen fitter (over a cutlery drawer) and one I did (over an oven).

The only trouble they've had in around 5 years is when their respective wives managed to drop something on the hob, shattering the glass surface!:(

Both were purchased from John Lewis (which included a good guarantee) and both were replaced (you can just replace the glass top) FOC. They have been very pleased with them.

I've fitted several, most recently an AEG and 2 x Bosch.
As I recall the installation instructions require a certain distance from the bottom of the hob to a drawer or a divider (which can be wood!)
Each time I've been within a few mm of the minimum distance so I've removed the front top rail of the base unit to allow more ventilation. One of them is at home and I've never noticed cutlery or the plastic cutlery tray become even slightly warm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom