Induction kits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176

Hi all
I have this in my shed fr my ST focus, it's a pipercross forced air induction, just wondering if I can adapt it to fit my A250 anyone know if this will effect my car in a negative way.
Thanks for any advice and any thoughts
Cheers
Ben :thumb:

I imagine you'll throw an error fitting that

As along as the filter size is big enough to feed the engine, is enclosed and the intake is taking in colder air from outside the engine bay then you may see some minor gains. I do t know what other Mercs are like but my C55 OE intake already has 2 front facing ram air style intakes feeding each bank.

Thanks for the info, I'm thinking to it may throw up a fault with the MAS sensor it's got a diameter of 72mm not sure what the diameter of the throttle body is with out removing the air box, anybody know what the diameter of the thottle body is and will it throw up a fault with the MAS, normally disconnecting the battery resets the ECU and it then re-learns the engine running ie fuel and air intake.
Not 100% though so just seeking a bit of advice or pointing in the right direction reading or tinter net.
Cheers
Ben

PS looked at and searched a lot of sites and forums ect but not much info on the A250.
Cheers
Ben

What is the problem you are trying to solve? I wouldn't mess with it, it's not an old Ford. It'll only be better in your own mind, and devalued at resale.

ps. I had Fords too, and did all manner of mods, some pointless, some like cam upgrades were worthwhile, but you've got a new Merc. It was built better to begin with.

What is the problem you are trying to solve? I wouldn't mess with it, it's not an old Ford. It'll only be better in your own mind, and devalued at resale.

ps. I had Fords too, and did all manner of mods, some pointless, some like cam upgrades were worthwhile, but you've got a new Merc. It was built better to begin with.

Your exactly right, what am I thinking? I'll flog the kit to my mate who has been pestering me for it. I'll get a K&N panel filter instead, i was going to fit pippercross more for the sound it gives than anything else.
Thanks for the advice much appreciated.
Cheers
Ben:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom