Induction mods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plumbertime

Car
C200 w205
Is it Worthing doing a forced induction mod on a c200
Or even fitting k&n filters instead of stock or would it just mess up the computer.

someone said more air in the car can mess with the computer apparently.
I’m a noob ‍♂️

Original equipment

Haha I thought that was oem
So no benefits to changing filter or fitting an induction over oem filter?

Nope no benefits , just poor filtration .

OE as above and OEM is who makes it for MB .

The only "forced Induction" you'll notice is a Turbo or Supercharger!
Anything else will be lost in the noise... Stick the paper filter.

Think about it, merc spends thousands in their research to what works best.

All you will probably get is a different noise, but very little if any improvement in performance.

Aftermarket 'performance' filters are usually less restrictive, the pressure drop across the filter will be lower.....therefore they can deliver some performance gains. However I wouldn't hold out too much hope that you will notice much performance gain from a simple replacement filter. A full on replacement 'cone filter' could give you a noticeable gain, they can deliver a significant reduction in inlet pressure drop. If you are looking for a reputable brand that is closer to home you could try ITG. Plenty of motorsport teams (and VW Aftermarket performance) use them.

If by forced induction you are thinking of a ram air intake then they are only of benefit a very high speed. F1 and MotoGp use them for a few percent gains at 200 mph but the increase in intake pressure is proportional to the square of the speed, That means if you half the speed to 100 mph the pressure reduces by a factor of 4. By the time you get to road legal speed the the benefit is hardly measurable.

I put a k&n panel filter in my petrol c class, it did give it a bit more of an induction noise that you only hear with the window down and i got a little bit of turbo flutter when letting off the throttle, i think it sounds cool, is there a performance gain, who knows am i happy with the noises-yes

Yes, I agree with the above as filters are good to change the noise, but given the amount merc spend in research for engine development, I think they know what they are talking about.....

Anything but bolting on a turbo would be a disappointment.

I tried a Brabus tuning box on mine and the 0-60 was reduced by round-about a second, to 7.3sec (measured), which is WAY more than you'll get with any induction changes.

Didn't feel any faster at all, so I gave it back....

Is it Worthing doing a forced induction mod on a c200
Or even fitting k&n filters instead of stock or would it just mess up the computer.

someone said more air in the car can mess with the computer apparently.
I’m a noob ‍♂

I always upgrade my cars to k&n air filters when I buy them.

Decades of misunderstanding..

Upgrading wheels = upsizing , one visual positive to multiple dynamic losses .

Upgrade my air filter to K&N - it's just a sound upgrade as filtration performance is seriously compromised through the more open structure that yields nothing to little in the way of performance .

Upgrade to smaller wheels .

Upgrade to a new clean OE air filter .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom