Indy in/near Reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TTManUK

Car
C63 AMG
...that isn't STAR Motors. I have no problem with them, I use them regularly, they are just booked 6 weeks out at the moment and I don't want to wait that long. Any recommendations?

There's John Griffiths in Caversham and Calcot Cars on Portman Road, but I have no experience of either of them.

If you're willing to travel a little further west, there's Pro-Tech at Kingsclere.

Is that a recommendation for the latter? I had seen calcot cars with a cursory Google search, but havent found a single mention of them on here, ever. Was hoping for a personal recommendation. Thank you though

It's been a long time since I've used Pro-Tech personally, but Darren's service was always top notch and I've heard nothing bad from people who I've directed to him since.

I've used Pro tech before and they were fine and good prices. In saying that I've also used Hampshire Service Centre (Hartley Witney) and they too are good. I've not personally used Calcot cars as the prices they gave me for some stuff and services were more than my local main dealer.

Thanks for that, Hartley Wintney not too far from me actually and sure I remembered someone round that area having good feedback, I'll give them a try

Last edited:
Huxleys Mercedes in Fleet. Absolutely brilliant. Used them for years. Superb reputation locally. About 30 minutes from reading.

I am booked in with Hampshire Service Centre tomorrow as it happens, they have offered me a courtesy car for the day so one tick for them already. Will keep Huxleys in mind if I have any issues, thanks

Reactions: Nat
Picked my car back up from Hampshire Service Centre today, cant fault the service, charged me a very reasonable 1 hour labour to fix a problem they identified within about 20 mins of my leaving, had the part in next day, jobs a goodun. Would recommend to anyone else interested, thanks for the pointer @Nat

Picked my car back up from Hampshire Service Centre today, cant fault the service, charged me a very reasonable 1 hour labour to fix a problem they identified within about 20 mins of my leaving, had the part in next day, jobs a goodun. Would recommend to anyone else interested, thanks for the pointer @Nat

You're welcome and thanks for the update to read that it's fixed. By the way, what was the problem?

Unsure what time you were down today as I popped over there just after midday as the heater on my 55 is only blowing cold air and another small problem that has been niggling me that it has. All booked in and like you, I'm sure I'll be another happy customer.

They really are a good bunch there - although the road closed signs on the A30 blew my brains in getting there, although that might be an age things 🤣

I was there around 3ish so probably missed you. They said they had a few C63s in, so you may or may not have seen mine being worked on over lunch.

I had a knock/some play in the steering, more noticeably since I had the clock spring replaced. It says "steering coupler" on the invoice which I'm translating to the u joint. All good now, steering is nice and tight :)

Last edited:
I was in my local having a pint by then 😂

Anyway, glad it is sorted and I did have a look around but my eyes were fixed on the yank car in the corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom