Indy staines/egham please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

k1elliott

Car
1990 W126 420SE, 163k, big old bruiser
Hi all.

I have a high miler w126 showing its age. Coughing when warm and getting worse. Pressure and temp are fine.

I live here during the week (based abroad) only so proximity is a big plus. Ideally near enough so that I can make regular trips to get everything done over several bookings.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

T & M motors West Molsey

Thank you. Will investigate. All feedback will be posted.

I’d echo the suggestion of TM Motors in Molesey - close by and very experienced with the older models like your 126 :cool:

Colin Ferns (Forum member here) in Richmond. Knows the older cars inside out.

Hi All.

To update. I went to T & M motors West Molsey with my 420SE. Knew straight away what the issue was likely to be. My impression was that they very much know their stuff when it comes to these motors.

Friendly, Professional, tidy workshop, seemed honest and great communication also.

Happy with that - thanks for the steer.

I have to get a full exhaust system (which I knew) including manifold and now weighing up the spend versus value of the car with 165k on the clock. But I've already invested in stopping the rot, so I think I'll go original and send it back to T&M along with tightening up the steering box and a ball joint or two.

Thanks,
Ken.

I went to Redhill Classics (Surrey)20211103_114229.jpg20211103_114316.jpg beginning of November this year and they made me a custom stainless exhaust for my 31year old G Wagen 280GE... fabulous skilled work, transformed the the car and very reasonable price.. highly recommend this small friendly garage20211103_114501.jpg

Last edited:
A Full OE Mild Steel exhaust from Mercedes Benz costs £2500+ VAT

The nearest to you will be HCL Service in Chertsey or SS Motors in Addlestone. I've used SS many times, they know what they're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom