Infiniti FX50 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
image-2993508611.jpg

I will expand on the car specifically over the next few weeks but I have realised in 2 days no one has heard of infiniti in normal life. They have a range about to launch in 2014 that takes the brand above fancy Nissan into dedicated infiniti product.
My car is a fancy Nissan being a 4 year old design it's a infiniti basted murano. In my book no bad thing as it's well documented I love our Murano.

My car: is ex infiniti VIP used for shuttling celebs and stuff it had 14k miles and is 14 months old, it's rrp would be £54k I paid 60% of this and got a generous trade in. It was immaculately presented on arrival in Hull, I checked it over it's truly mint not a chip or mark and I always find something! Well ok the one thing - the passenger airbag was turned off easily turned on. I had asked for DRL and mud spats to be fitted but £400 and £340 respectively was too rich for me.

My dealer is a true independent with infiniti uk being two main dealer groups and smaller indies I think hull is the smallest they used to be a Saab dealer. Dealer experience was good, in fact very good no issues at all, I felt I had done a deal to the bone but they didn't let it show and an iPhone cable was happily included and a good petrol allowance. Having had 2 Lexuses Lexi ? From Lexus dealers I can compare and Infiniti are not at Lexus standards yet but are better than most (jaguar was my best new car collection experience) - we paired my phone, went over stuff and off I went. (Note the misspaced reg)

The car: the black hole of Calcutta is a sunbeam compared to this car, every bloody thing is black plus dark tints - it's very dark. I had to hop out to look for switches by my right knee, lane departure off, collision alert off hop back in !! Adjust very adjustable seat with very un ergonomic switches some look a bit afterthought or add on, adjust wheel, mirrors and press start.
Broooom bubba bubba bubba you certainly know the engine is running it's quite resonant on first 10 secs high rev idle then settles to an acceptable and satisfying bubba, snick the impossibly stubby gear lever into drive, push the foot hand brake off and over push the sensitive throttle making a none too smooth exit - hey ho.

Round view cameras, wow impossible to bump into anything, every car should have this, makes putting it in white car park lines a cinch (I struggle with doing this being a short ****)

Things I've noticed:
The heated cooled seats blow warm or cold air through the perforated leather - unusual
The passenger seat has no memory and only basic adjustment
2 memories on drivers seat not 3
Ride on 21" std wheels is harsh
Mirrors don't fold on lock
No reversing or front beep sensors
Jumped when it announced at full volume "speed camera ahead 60" naughty mechanic!!!!
Very advanced nav, Bose, phone module - most advanced I've seen way better than 2010 comand.

More pics and write up after the weekend familiarisation session

I was seriously considering a FX50 and C63 back July/August last year, the dealership in Stockport were virtually bending backwards to accommodate my requests/demands :D They gave me a great deal, but last minute change of heart, I ended up with neither and got my current E class instead :doh:
But be sure I will be going to the dealership again when my 2 years is up.

The FX has plenty of road presence, I love it :thumb:

Compared to the E500 the Infiniti build quality is on another planet if not the taste / class overall.

I've been watching these....quite fancy one. When are you selling :D

IanA2 said:
I've been watching these....quite fancy one. When are you selling :D
Monday ! Forgetting the need for a V8 the murano does everything the FX does.

Monday ! Forgetting the need for a V8 the murano does everything the FX does.

That's the problem, much as I like the Murano, it's biggest powerplant is the V6 3.5 Pretty much like the Lexus RX300 I recently sold. Had the RX had a V8 5 litre option it would still be on my drive and another car would have gone in it's place.

That's the problem, much as I like the Murano, it's biggest powerplant is the V6 3.5 Pretty much like the Lexus RX300 I recently sold. Had the RX had a V8 5 litre option it would still be on my drive and another car would have gone in it's place.
If my memory serve me correctly, the Murano was actually quite a roomy car, more so then the FX50.
The 5.0 V8 from the FX is a bit too quite for my liking. I would probably have the centre box removed.

If my memory serve me correctly, the Murano was actually quite a roomy car, more so then the FX50.
The 5.0 V8 from the FX is a bit too quite for my liking. I would probably have the centre box removed.
Can't say I'm too bothered about the noise. I just like to have the power available. Having said that, when the pipe on my Lexus V8 4.3 developed a hole......it was quite a nice sound :D

I do quite like these and have also been watching the prices drop. I like the fact that not many people know what they are, but on viewing close up are totally impressed.

A friend has an FX37 and it is very nice indeed and surprisingly swift.

I have previously owned an RX300 Lexus which was a fantastic car, which was then replaced with a Murano (big mistake - sorry DS but ours had a few problems). The Murano wasn't in the same league as the Lexus and is one of few cars that I have regretted buying. It was a 55 plate so lacking some of the revisions of the newer model.

Keep the updates coming as it will be good to hear of your experiences with the FX.

Jules

New model Murano is a different car its not just a facelift its a Infiniti practice I feel, ours was one of the ONLY cars Ive collected used that has required no work at all (just a machine polish)

Just pm'd you Ian - just got in from a blast home, chic and spacer on the Bose, roof open - not a clue it's a 4x4 from the drivers seat :) it reminds me of my XFR with better trim, less superficial gizmos and better solidity. See PM let me know if I can help or advise - infinity Hull an old fashioned real dealer - I bought from the owner it was a real pleasure.

Thanks Dave got it and replied. I might be visiting Hull.....;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom