Inflator for Space Saver Tyres and Fire Extinguisher

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGramps

Car
SLK 230 Kompressor
Inflator for Space Saver Tyres for my 1998 SLK 230 Compressor. Would really prefer an original if possible, can anyone point me in the right direction? Also looking for a Fire Extinguisher any ideas please.

I am based in West Midlands so the more local the better but am happy to pay postage costs.

Thanks in advance.
Grumpy Gramps

eBay? - You might be in luck and find that they're still available from the dealer.

I don't think space savers came with an inflator? Or are you asking about the compressor pump kit for cars with no spare tyre?

Mercedes call it Tirefit kit.

Last edited:
tyre fit kit? - brilliant thanks, at least I know what to look for now...
Tyre fit kit is NOT what you are looking for. That's the one that takes the bottle of goop and blows it into your flat tyre and pumps it up because you are NOT carrying a spare of any kind.

My spacesaver tyre comes deflated because the wheel well is not big enough to carry a full size tyre from a standard C class as AMG has wider tyres of two different sizes.

If your space saver is the same 'collapsed' type then you need a pump. If it is a normal space saver it should already be inflated.

Tyre fit kit is NOT what you are looking for. That's the one that takes the bottle of goop and blows it into your flat tyre and pumps it up because you are NOT carrying a spare of any kind.

My spacesaver tyre comes deflated because the wheel well is not big enough to carry a full size tyre from a standard C class as AMG has wider tyres of two different sizes.

If your space saver is the same 'collapsed' type then you need a pump. If it is a normal space saver it should already be inflated.

You have the 'collapseable' space saver - both my W203 and W204 came with a fully-inflated space saver and nothing else (i.e. no sealant or inflater/compressor/pump).

Yes Pete that's what I have a "collapsed" tyre.... I've also noticed that the wheelnuts on it are a different size to my standard wheels, is this usual?

Seems like it is a minefield out there - appreciate all of you guys giving me help - thank you.

The weelnuts are to accommodate a thinner metal wheel (as opposed to the Alloy Wheels). Make sure you use the 'spare wheel nuts' with the 'spare wheel' a failure to do will cause untold damage.

Yes Pete that's what I have a "collapsed" tyre.... I've also noticed that the wheelnuts on it are a different size to my standard wheels, is this usual?

Seems like it is a minefield out there - appreciate all of you guys giving me help - thank you.
Yes

You should have a full set of different wheel bolts in your car that you MUST use if you fit the steel spacesaver.

Double check that you have the correct ones and not just 5 bolts the same as on the alloy wheels. take one bolt off the car (any wheel , obviously) and compare it with the ones in the boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom