info neede w124 260e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
Hi this is a funny one on me .Car runs very well But its like as if the timing is out , this is just as you take you foot of the gas to slow down .Only just notice it to day .Wounder if anyone else has had anything like it.Yesterday i put redx in the tank ,after i filled the tank up .I dont know if it may be something to do with this .Your thoughts..

You could have a very small hole/leak on the exhaust manifold causing it to suck air in on the overun, this can make an engine sound a little strange.

Does it stutter as you pull away and then clear and whats the idle like...steady or lumpy?

REDEX "can" make engines do funny things (as can most fuel treatments). I would be tempted to leave it if you can't see any obvious issues. Let the REDEX run through it then see how it goes.

REDEX "can" make engines do funny things (as can most fuel treatments). I would be tempted to leave it if you can't see any obvious issues. Let the REDEX run through it then see how it goes.
I did a few jobs on it yesterday .Went out for a trip around Shaterford i can say its gone now .Wont say to much .See later on in the week.May just have been the redx.

Thank you.

The dogs are my two Siberian Huskies. Sadly now both gone to old age but replaced with another two Siberians, who like the two gone before, are both rescue dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Perhaps check the lambda sensor / duty cycle once the engine is nice and hot, my 300e ran perfectly but did a similar thing when coming uo to junctions etc, coming off the gas would make the engine shudder a little. In the end I replaced the oxygen sensor and tweaked the lambda adjustment and that solved it. Fingers crossed your redex has done the trick.

Wackel i am lucky it as no lambda items on it .But as a stainless sytem right through.Should have gone to a clssic show yesterday .But i hid out of the bad weather we had .. I will see how it drives next time i am out . And let you all know.As for the fuel p/regulator i did take the vacuum pipe off and gave it a suck ,noticed a petrol smell from it ,my vacuum hose ends up going in to the rockerbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom