info please on Mercman ..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
Can i ask if anyone on the forum as had dealings with Mercman?
Should ring to day about a W124 original drivers front wing
But the place is up for sale and i am in the mind to say forget it .

Some years ago and they were fine. That was some years ago.

What's the problem with dealing with a guy who is selling his property or business ?

Just part with money cautiously, as everyone does when they buy from complete strangers on eBay.

Ricky in Southampton? long ago he was a Mod here. (V12)

Mike i have been selling and buying on ebay , and every other place you can think of with no problems as yet ..so i am no novice. Well i used the phone number i was given, only to be told by a certain chap that they have no spareparts on P/L or adverts on there . So i left another question on P/L about the phone number the gent [ Chris ] had left for me . I have an idea that more than one location for Mercman ..

Hi,
I have used Mercman many times in the past and would not hesitate to use them again.
Chris, I have met before and dealt with over the phone many times very knowledgeable guy when it comes to Mercs and was working there when the 124 was a current model.
They do operate from both Cornwall and Southampton, my understanding is that cars are broken up in Southampton and some parts are transported to Cornwall though I suspect the larger items are stored at Southampton.

I use mercman whenever i need something for an older model. They keep a fantastic range and can be bothered to go and look for things.

I would buy from them no problem. I think its irrelevant that the business is up for sale. Its being sold as a going concern and so whoever buys it will be expected to honour any warranty.

I use mercman whenever i need something for an older model. They keep a fantastic range and can be bothered to go and look for things.

I would buy from them no problem. I think its irrelevant that the business is up for sale. Its being sold as a going concern and so whoever buys it will be expected to honour any warranty.

Can’t say fairer than that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used Mercman several times and even when they could not come up with an obscure part contacted me some weeks later to ask if I had found it elsewhere. Very helpful and easy to deal with.

Sounds good to me . I will give Chris another call ,,i was given 2 numbers i rang the one at Southhampton . They knew nothing about it might have been the owner ..The chaps name was Chris who i spoke to on the phone ....Thank you ..

Agree with all the comments above. Bought an alloy wheel from Southampton. Was exactly as described and very simple to arrange collection - recommended

Your lucky i am unable to get in touch with Chris
So looking at other outlets now .Maybe a new one from mercedes .
Just thought it would save me a few pounds purchasing a second hand one .

Your lucky i am unable to get in touch with Chris
So looking at other outlets now .Maybe a new one from mercedes .
Just thought it would save me a few pounds purchasing a second hand one .

All my contact was through the website by a general enquiry and with Cornwall. Received a reply by email with price phoned said yes transferred to office paid and item arrived within two or three days. Exactly what I wanted in good condition and a very reasonable price. In the last case it was a lock barrel for the boot lid on the W116 450SE which Mercedes couldn't supply. Took it to a locksmith who made a key and it was successfully installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom