Info. required 2008 CLC 2.2 CDI Sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mxs

Car
ML320 CDI Sport
SWMBO is looking at a 2008 CLC 2.2 diesel sports. Are there any forum members who can share there experiances with this model? i.e. is it noisy, gutless etc... or should she steer clear? any information/thoughts welcomed.

Great engine and with 5g box powerful, ok on fuel, and reliable.

The car is a tarted up 203 coupe so its ok, but nothing remarkable but pleasant enough

Looked at one when they were new, I really like them but the problem is they tend to be a premium over the standard C class coupe and they're not really that different at all.

What is the W number? is it a W203? or W204?

Looked at one today at Exeter Mercedes and there was a C Class coupe behind that was also black, same interior and £10k less!!

Obviously the CLC was newer etc but it just gets me every time!

Its a W203 and as above, very good reliable little cars... cant knock them in any way really.

The ones with Pano Roof fetch a lot more.

I have recently purchased a 2008 clc 220 cdi sport auto panoramic, with rear tinted windows, factory fitted.
I love it, but am having a problem with amplifier in the rear tinted window.
Took it to Mercedes Taunton today and gentleman said it will need a new rear screen and amplifier.
Have to now get in touch with dealer I purchased it from to see if it is covered by warranty.
Fingers crossed.

I have recently purchased a 2008 clc 220 cdi sport auto panoramic, with rear tinted windows, factory fitted.
I love it, but am having a problem with amplifier in the rear tinted window.
Took it to Mercedes Taunton today and gentleman said it will need a new rear screen and amplifier.
Have to now get in touch with dealer I purchased it from to see if it is covered by warranty.
Fingers crossed.

Im fairly certain the radio amplifier comes seperate, you dont need a new screen.

My wife has had a 59 plate CLC 220 CDI Sport with Pano for about 3 months now.

Great little car, with plenty of torque. Would recommend, although real world fuel economy is less than suggested by MB (31.7, 41.5, 50.4).

Best I have got is 43 mpg driving at a steady 60 mph on the motorway
Over the last 2500 miles, the trip is showing an average of approx 33, which is 70% town driving and 30% motorway.

Its a bit plasticky in the cabin in places, but on the whole, cant knock it.

Last edited:
I have found an 09 plate 2.2 sport with low miles , fully loaded. I am trying to work a deal with the seller.

Im fairly certain the radio amplifier comes seperate, you dont need a new screen.
I was informed by Taunton that it would need a new rear screen and had new rear screen fitted at Taunton yesterday under warranty as I bought it from Mercedes retail.
Seems ok at the moment, but I cannot wash it for 3 days:)

Guy/gal that owned it before must have tried to fix it and had bodged it.
I usually buy private but couldn't sell my car so I put it in part exchange. Really glad I did now because it would have cost dearly to replace screen.
I was left a 2012 S350 whilst mine was being repaired. Very nice, but, I still prefer my clc

Last edited:
Well we ended up getting it, and it really is a great little car, I have been driving around in it for the last week or so, and I have yet to see another one around the area! I agree that the interior plastics are not that great, but the build qualty is quite solid, no squeaks or rattles.

I will post some pics up when I get home as I am working away at the mo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom