INFORMATION please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
Hi as i have been jumping up the wrong tree looking at the injectors i have gone from that. Now checking out the R16 trimmer plug .Can some one sort it out please ,what should the Plug be set on N normal fuel 91 octain, or S for super 95 octain . I dont what the octain was the last time i filled up with last time out .I think its the problem with the stumble at start up i was talking about. Car as no cat on it .I find a few conflicting answers just want to be sure.

Hopefully someone who actually knows for sure will be along but, logically, I would say set it for 95 octane, it being a UK car. I would guess that the lower setting (91 octane) is for ROTW where octane ratings can be very much lower than the UK. Quite a few places in the ROTW say super is 95 whilst that is the standard minimum in the UK. This is just an educated guess, though.

thanks

Giantvanman thank you for your help .
Grober i thank you also .So i changed it over and its still the same .So it looks like pulling out the injectors ,just ordering the parts large rubber holder for injector x 6 the nylon insert x 6 and O rings x 6.Then after my sonic cleaning act will fit them in and haaaaaa its still the same .Well we will see Hope not while im playing with this the other jobs are still waiting .

I think you are barking up the wrong tree,leave the timing trim alone (leave on S)

The idle control valve and associated hoses,OVP relay,metering head,distributor/rotor arm
leads/plugs are the known causes of rough idle on your engine,there are more causes too
if none of these are the culprit/s.Sorry, doubt if cleaning injectors will improve things.
Read up on, and try to learn the Bosch mechanical fuel injection system,once
you start thinking system it becomes more logical to fault find.

info

Grober thanks for the link .I think i will remove the plug on the cold start injector and try it then .Thanks for the link ,i have a book on K Jetronic system .But the link will give me more to look for .

I think you are barking up the wrong tree,leave the timing trim alone (leave on S)

The idle control valve and associated hoses,OVP relay,metering head,distributor/rotor arm
leads/plugs are the known causes of rough idle on your engine,there are more causes too
if none of these are the culprit/s.Sorry, doubt if cleaning injectors will improve things.
Read up on, and try to learn the Bosch mechanical fuel injection system,once
you start thinking system it becomes more logical to fault find.
Thank you but the problem is not an idle problem, just start up after that stage its like a rolls .

info

Wednesday i will remove the plug from the cold start valve and see how it starts .Let you all know the outcome . Thank you all .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom