Infotainment in a w176

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rosie5golf

SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes e320 avant-garde estate
Hi all, well I have purchased a W176 to go with my e320 because my wife thinks e320 is too big for her to drive.
My question is, the comand fitted doesn't allow me to ask it for phone number. Would this be correct ? It works on the sat nav perfectly. It's not very safe to be peaking at the small in front of me whilst driving.

Are you sure that the W176 is equipped with COMAND? Keeping in mind that MB offer various infotainment systems, COMAND being the higher-end option.

As for the issue you are experiencing, are you saying that there's no option for voice commands? Again, voice commands isn't standard across all trim level for all model years etc.

I understood voice control working with navigation, then the car should have it.

The on-line W176 manual does not cover voice control but it is quite easy to figure out the functionality by asking "her" at the car. Just press the voice control button and ask "help". You are offered help on individual features like navigation or general help, just let "her" lead the conversation to the topic of interest.

i think the best option would be to use siri through apple carplay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom