Infuriating parking ticket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For stopping in a restricted zone (apparently) not that the zone is marked adequately I understand.

Having looked up the Highway Code I can't see three yellow marks being mentioned.

Anyway even if these are present they still allow you to drop off and pick up passengers.

HC quotes
Loading restrictions on roads other than Red Routes

Yellow marks on the kerb or at the edge of the carriageway indicate that loading or unloading is prohibited at the times shown on the nearby black and white plates. You may stop while passengers board or alight. If no days are indicated on the signs the restrictions are in force every day including Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Pay up.

I'm sure that you're p!ssed off right now, but once that subsides you'll realise that appealing because 'it's unreasonable' would be an absolute waste of your time and effort because you admit to being at fault.

I reckon about 90% of the parking tickets issued have a fatal flaw in the wording or format of the ticket itself, the road markings, the signage or something else which will result in the issuing body folding their case long before it ever gets near a court once they see you know how to play the game. For them it's a numbers game. The vast majority of people roll over & pay without questioning it, even if it's a BS ticket, so they collect on a very large percentage of the tickets they issue. The very last thing most of them want is a court victory for someone who can expose their malfeasance.

The Fight Back forums on Pepipoo are patrolled by traffic warden hating solicitors who delight in fecking with the parking authorities & give their expertise & knowledge willingly & for free. If you enlist the free help of the experts on Pepipoo you will win.

Your opening post should include full details, the front & back of your ticket with personal or traceable details covered up & photos of the road & signage if possible. Read a couple of posts to see what info they need right from the get-go so they can hit the ground running.

I've had 2 BS jobsworth parking tickets in Westminster & Reading waived because both councils were knowingly breaking the law in their enforcement. BTW, they are both still breaking exactly the same laws & still collecting on about 95% of the tickets from sheeple who do not question them or their actions.

Don't let the ****ers get away with it without a fight!

FightBack Forums

Last edited:
I think your movements are being shadowed by News International. And what did you do with the money your mother gave you for art lessons ?

That's opposite Oceana - there are minicabs everywhere all over that bus stop on Sat/Fri night - don't they get done?!

Anyway, I think you can drop off if the bus stop has a solid yellow line, probably not if the bus stop has a thick solid red line.

Was there a sign on the lamp post? Can a bus stop extend over a junction like that?
Is that red car in the photo going to get done, too?

Seriously, it is also worth noting that you can claim for costs under Regulation 12 of The Road Traffic (Parking Adjudicators) (London) Regulations 1993 - if this goes to adjudication.

Keep a note of all expenses incurred and keep the receipts for items such as stationery (photocopying, envelopes, photos), postage stamps, also for your time taken to go back to the site (I'd use the national minimum wage), and travelling expenses going back to the site, i.e. fuel/parking/no 65 bus ticket etc...

I've done this when I got a ticket for unloading in the Strand, the camera operator zoomed in on the wrong sign (the sign for unloading in a bus lane, rather than the loading bay I was in), and I managed to claim £58 from Westminster City Council.

Last edited:
Don't you just hate bureaucracy? You do have a right to appeal, usually within 14 days and the issuing authority can quash it. They hold the half price offer till a decision is reached.I would say that that there was no safe area to drop off your daughter and you need to drop her near the venue for security and safety. The usual place that you use was not available due to a cab parking there.
My friend transgressed into a bus lane in Central London. He was turning left and missed 2 sets of lights due to traffic in front not moving, lost patience and used the empty last 20 foot of road. This cost him £60 as he was caught on a video camera no excuses accepted. He was more than miffed as he had also paid the congestion charge.
Good luck with this,
Don

My understanding is that , even on double yellow lines , you are allowed to stop for up to two minutes to pick up or set down passengers - unless it is a clearway where no stopping at all is permitted .

The text from the direct gov website is not 100% clear!!

Waiting restrictions indicated by yellow lines apply to the carriageway, pavement and verge. You may stop to load or unload (unless there are also loading restrictions as described below) or while passengers board or alight. Double yellow lines mean no waiting at any time, unless there are signs that specifically indicate seasonal restrictions.

So the first sentence would seem to indicate you can stop for passengers, the second sentence says you cant stop at any time.

Then the next paragraph indicates you can stop.

Yellow marks on the kerb or at the edge of the carriageway indicate that loading or unloading is prohibited at the times shown on the nearby black and white plates. You may stop while passengers board or alight.

Rule 243 applies in all likelihood: Do not stop or park...at or near a bus stop...

But for what you did, this seems excessively harsh.

I think I've found something...

de minimis non curat lex

It seems those enforcing parking regualtions have also found something...

zero tolerance

Their argument would be that while one person momentarily dropping off a passenger would have little or no impact, if a whole series of drivers chose to follow suit (not an unreasonable assumption in a busy town centre), then chaos would quickly ensue.

I'm with you 100% Sp!ke. This kind of idiotic nonsense imposed by idiotic systems run by idiots needs to be stopped. I wish more people would get up and fight for common sense as they would in any other country. This wouldn't be tolerated in the US and it shouldn't be here.

Its purely revenue based. So hit them with revunue based revenge.

IE Park you car in Kingston's staff car park, "breakdown" on friday pm blocking them in, nip off the pub. :D

I'm with you 100% Sp!ke. This kind of idiotic nonsense imposed by idiotic systems run by idiots needs to be stopped. I wish more people would get up and fight for common sense as they would in any other country. This wouldn't be tolerated in the US and it shouldn't be here.

When hurricane Katrina struck in the USA in 2005 things were chaotic. The worst case was a man jailed for a week who spent a year in jail because the records were lost...he was jailed for jaywalking.

I do wholeheartedly back Sp!ke, I just wouldn't wish a US system on us.

I reckon about 90% of the parking tickets issued have a fatal flaw in the wording or format of the ticket itself, the road markings, the signage or something else which will result in the issuing body folding their case long before it ever gets near a court once they see you know how to play the game. For them it's a numbers game. The vast majority of people roll over & pay without questioning it, even if it's a BS ticket, so they collect on a very large percentage of the tickets they issue. The very last thing most of them want is a court victory for someone who can expose their malfeasance.

My understanding of Spikes first post was that he admitted that he was in the wrong?? So he admits that he's in the wrong but is finding a way out of it?:confused:

I've never had a parking ticket. Or a speeding fine. Or any other motoring related legal issue, mostly because if I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to stop/park somewhere- I don't. I find somewhere I know I can park/stop.

Although I'm sure that would change if I had the misfortune to live in London or any other big city.

In the most over zealous technical way he was wrong...but in the opinion of most fair minded people he absolutely was not...this is Draconian in the extreme.

I wonder did the BMW in Sp!ke's picture get done.

My understanding of Spikes first post was that he admitted that he was in the wrong?? So he admits that he's in the wrong but is finding a way out of it?:confused:

When you watch the various "night-traffic-cops-camera-action" programs you see some dreadful behaviour and often quite serious breaches of the law go unpunished or result in an eventual £50 fine etc.

When the authorities show the same amount of vigour and invest a proportionate amount of resources in pursuing the sort of people seen on these programmes then perhaps the general public would feel less aggrieved at having their pockets picked over the most minor transgression.

When hurricane Katrina struck in the USA in 2005 things were chaotic. The worst case was a man jailed for a week who spent a year in jail because the records were lost...he was jailed for jaywalking.

I do wholeheartedly back Sp!ke, I just wouldn't wish a US system on us.

I'm not wishing a US system on us, just stating that the general public in the US wouldn't stand for such an over policed, nanny state as WE'VE allowed here. People in most other countries fight to protect their freedom from over policing and unfair taxes... we on the other hand typically just bend over and ask them to shove it in further. I'm 100% behind Sp!ke fighting this as I would be anyone else and as I would fight myself. Something has to be done while the majority stand idly by and complain, but do nothing.

In the most over zealous technical way he was wrong...but in the opinion of most fair minded people he absolutely was not...this is Draconian in the extreme.

I wonder did the BMW in Sp!ke's picture get done.

I completely understand why Spike is p1ssed off, I'm also very belligerent in these matters. It's just I think it's a waste of his time and energy if, deep down, he knows that he was wrong.

At times I can't work out people on this forum.

When it suits them, there should be zero-tolerance.

When they are in the firing line, there should be tolerance.

Zero-tolerance, by definition, means right across the spectrum.

Zero tolerance, is a way of dealing with things...but it must be in context.

ZT for a guy quickly dropping off his daughter at 9.30 at night is nonsense.

ZT for drug dealers is an entirely different matter.

Zero tolerance, is a way of dealing with things...but it must be in context.

ZT for a guy quickly dropping off his daughter at 9.30 at night is nonsense.

ZT for drug dealers is an entirely different matter.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more.

Zero tolerance with regards the law means that- no exceptions regardless of which law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom