Ingress - Google AR Game

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blacklight124

Car
C180 SE Exec w COMAND
Hey, Thought I'd give this a go here, see if anyone plays or would be interested in it.

If youve not heard of it, check this out:Ingress

Its basically a sort of augmented reality game from Google. (You need an Android phone).

I was wondering if anyone plays or if not, I have some invites if anyone would like to get into it.

Ive ended up walking loads since starting this in November. Ive also met a ton of nice folks, strangely theyve been 30 - 45 age group, men & women. I initially thought it would be mostly kids.

Anyways, let me know if you have any questions or are interested :)

To give a bit more detail - Google has an app called "Field Trip" that highlights points of interest nearby - ie. monuments, artwork, famous buildings/architecture & museums etc.

The Ingress game basically works on those locations (called portals). There are then 2 teams who fight for control of those portals and link them up to make fields of control. The aim is to control the most area - worldwide!

The teams are Enlightened and Resistance. One condition of the invite is that you join Enlightened ;) haha

Ta

Last edited:
Me too! Sounds intriguing...

This looks pretty amazing. I'd like to give it a shot. Can you send me an invite too please?

What happens to the data Google collects whilst you play?

That'll be another 100,000 people not actually looking where they are going then....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom