inheritance from a stranger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
A good friend of mine had some news yesterday,his wife had an uncle she had never met,he lived in southern ireland ,as she was the only niece he left his estate to her in his will.bearing in mind she never met him
a farm worth £1.2 million,20 houses that are rented all paid for,£950k cash.
total roughly £4.5 million.
he gave his notice in at work today and is moving to ireland.nice to hear someone you know having some good luck.

Wow, what wonderful news, (not the fact that someone passed away mind). But a nice surprise! :D

A good friend of mine had some news yesterday,his wife had an uncle she had never met,he lived in southern ireland ,as she was the only niece he left his estate to her in his will.bearing in mind she never met him
a farm worth £1.2 million,20 houses that are rented all paid for,£950k cash.
total roughly £4.5 million.
he gave his notice in at work today and is moving to ireland.nice to hear someone you know having some good luck.

Uncle Paddys dead !!

:D

Hang on, I am the son of the guy! :devil:

Without wishing to put a downer on it, what's the tax bill on that lot?:crazy:

(Good luck to them!)

That sounds too good to be true.

Of such news, dreams are made.

Best of luck to them.

i mentioned the 40% tax bill to him also,the look on his face was dread

Does EIRE have the same laws on inheritence as us then?

So they have approx 4.5 million from someone they don't know and you say he looked shocked when you mentioned 40% tax bill...???

Some people are never happy :)

Knew comments would be made to take the shine from a piece of someone elses good fortune! :rolleyes: ;)

P.S. Not directed at any one person :)

The UK IHT Bill will be £1.68 million. The IHT exemption limit is £300k IIRC, deducting this from 4.5million gives 4.2million. 40% of that is £1.68million.

Its still a tidy sum, but in the first case they should see a) a solictor b) a tax advisor.

Wow, I must be related to his wife! A long-lost uncle also has left me some cash aswell :)

I'm so happy today, not only am i rich above my wildest dreams, found out I had an uncle i never knew, but I also have found out i also have a long lost sister aswell.

I think i will throw a party to celebrate. If anyone would like to contribute to the celebrations, you can send me some money via Western Union if you like.... i promise the party will happen.

I will probably host it in Nigeria or maybe Ireland - not sure yet - my business means I travel between these two places on a regular basis, but its OK I always have access to a hotmail account.

sounds like a scam to me - is this genuine!?

Last edited:
The UK IHT Bill will be £1.68 million. The IHT exemption limit is £300k IIRC, deducting this from 4.5million gives 4.2million. 40% of that is £1.68million.

Its still a tidy sum, but in the first case they should see a) a solictor b) a tax advisor.

It is, but paying IHT gets very complicated as there isn't enough cash in that inheritence to pay the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom