Inherited Dad's E Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mumu

Car
1998 W210 E200 / 2000 W208 CLK 230K Cabriolet
You may remember I joined the forum a few weeks ago looking for assistance in getting my dad's E class back on the road. It had been sitting for a few months due to illness. Well, sadly my father died very suddenly on the fifteenth of February. Everything goes to mum but she's never going to have the confidence to drive the Merc.

Obviously it will take some months for the legal stuff to be dealt with, but for the time being my mum wants me to take the Merc. As much as I would like to do this I fear the costs involved will be too much for me. So I have a couple fo questions I'm sure the folks on here could help with.

It's a silver E200 1998 Avantegard, dad bought it at 5 months old with 9500 miles on the clock. It currently has only 36000 miles, which is the main reason mum wants it kept. We are assuming that we wouldn't get the value of such low milage were we to sell it, are we right? I would want at least £5000 for it, which I know is unrealistic. Any ideas what it's really worth? It's pretty standard, no options, not even a sunroof, oh and it has sport suspension for some reason. Cloth seats, cruise control, in good condition but with a hint of rust round the arches.

Should I keep it or not is basically the quandry I'm in. It's a bit big for my needs as well, I live smack in the middle of the city! Could I trade it for a CLK or an SLK without having to spend a chunk of cash?

Apologies for length and vagueness of quiery, I just need some advice from some knowledgeable folks. I like cars but know nothing about them!

Hi Mumu,

very sorry to hear about your loss.

Unfortunately these cars arent holding their value well and the low mileage will only help to sell the car quicker rather than give it any more value.

I think if you sell you will be looking at between 3-3.5K.. These sell at auction now for less than £1500!

Thanks jaymanek, that's the kind of figure I was guessing at from looking at Autotrader. Definitely not selling it then, it would feel like we were giving it away. I'll just have to stop smoking so I can afford the petrol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom