Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robertjrt

Car
S500L Gone but not forgotten
:dk:Help!

I have copies of two Test Logs and I would like an opinion on them.

As you may well have read about my saga with Mercedes-Benz I am still searching for how the damage was caused.

Post have indicated that jump starting the dead battery on my car is unlikely, if so, how do you do so much damage to the electrical system on an S500?

I give an instance; ESA-FL Electric seat adjustment front left, all 10 codes faulty or no normalizing.

I give an instance; ESA-FL Electric seat adjustment front left, all 10 codes faulty or no normalizing.

If all the 10 codes are actually from "no normalizing", that would be easy to say it comes from the battery being disconnected (or been flat).

Any current codes other than issues like normalizing related?

I had a quick look at an old post but I'm not familiar with this car case. But control units can be blown if jump-starting is not done carefully, not to mention from reverse polarity.

If all the 10 codes are actually from "no normalizing", that would be easy to say it comes from the battery being disconnected (or been flat).

Any current codes other than issues like normalizing related?

I had a quick look at an old post but I'm not familiar with this car case. But control units can be blown if jump-starting is not done carefully, not to mention from reverse polarity.

I have five pages from the Diagnosis Assistance system which show, basically, nothing works!

Mercedes-Benz Chelsea held that the damage was "caused by me or somebody know to me " which was untrue and was proved in Court
to be untrue.

I am trying to ascertain how the damage, £6,800, was caused.

See report in Auto Express 7-13 January 2009, no. 1,045.Page 48.

That damage that you have reported about befor would have been caused by either jumping the battery from another car that was producing more than about 15V or the car was jumped the wrong way round. I have seen it happen.

Almost certainly your multiple problems arose from an initial uncomplicated fault/condition in the alternator / battery /starting circuitry. It's possible that a fault in the alternator diode pack caused your battery to go flat . Jump starting from another car battery may have further damaged the alternator circuits or resulted in the cars electronics being subjected to very high voltage spikes as has been said. Worst case scenario would be if the battery was somehow disconnected with the engine/alternator running leading to a no load condition on the alternator output or the battery connections were reversed.
The problem is that these damage inducing voltage conditions are "transient" and will not be logged on any ECU assuming it survived the incident. I doubt very much if the logs will tell you about what exactly happened in the past? They will only tell you about the present state of the car. sorry :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom