Injector coding on CDI W211 Yes/No

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E270 Owner

MB Enthusiast
Car
Anything I get my hands on.
Hi

Ok during a nice beer fueled evening a subject come up about plug n play injectors on vehicles before the introduction of the piezo type.

We discussed the Fiat group diesel injector coding agreed and squared that away and loosely agreed on VAG as well, but stumbled on agreeing about Mercs and BMW's

So we took a small section of the mostly relevant Merc engines (common) that the discussion applied to W211 CDI engines 2003 - 2008 (not the piezo injectors).

Now I will put up my thoughts that they are plug n play no coding required.

But i will say that if anyone says they do need coding then please attach relevant proof of this be it screen shot from DAS etc etc

I'm getting geared up for or next Sunday's bun fight I hope I have some forum ammo this time ..............

:)

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't bother to change the language...

Attachments

• DAS0.jpg
    DAS0.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 104
  • DAS1.png
    DAS1.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 98
  • DAS2.png
    DAS2.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 79
I need to navigate to that screen, have you a "walk through" please,

Oh sorry, I just tought you need the confirmation about the existance of the coding option. Use DASSim to practice ;)

Edit: I found it from the net:

Control unit
Drive
CDI 3
Control Unit adaptation
Injectors injection quantity adjustment

Good luck!

Attachments

• Service Information_ Injector classification.pdf
    88.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Very cool thanks

Looks like some are and some are not.

Xentry has no allocation on some early vehicles to allow coding @ 2003 2004 2005

Last edited:
Hmm... I used in that simulation 2003 late model, I6 CDI engine (similar than mine), and it gave the coding option. I have not tried coding when actually connected to the car. If I recall right, more simple coding has been stated in earlier models (like W210), where was only one coded number on the injector solenoid head.

I was 'staring' today my W210, and checked corresponding option; I was right above, there is ONE number on the solenoid which can be coded to ECU.

Its a 6 digit code a mixture of letters and numbers on CDI3

Not all engines have the coding option on W211 2003-2008

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom