Injector Issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomoctron

Car
ML270 cdi
Hi,
I recently had a mechanic change the thermostat on my ML 270. I drove 200 yards and then the engine started stuttering like crazy and black smoke began pouring from rear end. Pulled in and rang the guy. He seemed surprised for a minute or so and then exclaimed that he'd forgotten to attach the retaining slip to the upper boost hose (to the egr!) So he sorted it out.
All was fine for 2 miles and then the engine started hesitating before cutting out. This time the 'mechanic' told me it was the the camshaft position sensor or the crankshaft p s. I changed the camshaft p s and once again after a half mile the machine was stuck at the side of the road after cutting out. Green flag said it was an injector issue. The original 'mechanic' then decided that 4 injectors were f*****d and it wasn't the position sensors at all.
Is there anyone out there with some sage advice on this ongoing saga?

Many thanks
Tom

Hi and welcome.

Firstly, ditch the 'mechanic' who is throwing parts at the car at your expense. Secondly, give us your location so we can recommend a decent Indy who will be able to diagnose it using proper diagnostic equipment. 4x injectors do not go faulty after a thermostat change unless he put faulty ones in or as done something to create a fault and charge you for fixing it at a later date.

Hi and welcome.

Firstly, ditch the 'mechanic' who is throwing parts at the car at your expense. Secondly, give us your location so we can recommend a decent Indy who will be able to diagnose it using proper diagnostic equipment. 4x injectors do not go faulty after a thermostat change unless he put faulty ones in or as done something to create a fault and charge you for fixing it at a later date.
Thanks Bob for your reply. Sorry for the delay. The car is in London, Fulham, W14. If you have a guy in mind with the necessary kit then please send him my way! Many thanks, Tom

Doing a little search, I found Maxwell Greene in Fulham. A forum member has used them for their M272 engine rebuild after a chain issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom