Injector or other issues with my W163 270

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dwartbg

Car
W163 270 Cdi, 2002
Hi guys,

I am having issues with my w163 2.7 , 2002. End of June my car had some weird loss of power at the highway (driving at around 130km/h) and the engine started rattling like a tractor. There was also a tiny amount of smoke coming in from the oil cap. I had to drive back with this issue for about 300kms and then I started going to mechanics to find what the problem is. No oil or coolant leaks, no loss of power (albeit I drove no more than 70kmh just in case not to break something more). Weirdly there were also no errors saved on diagnostics.

I had to pay for opening and dissasembling of the whole engine and Apparently one of the injectors was leaking and it f-ed and broke the engine, there was coolant mixed with the oil and one of the cyilnders had the valves and the head "eaten" and the mechanic said this was making the noise.
So I changed the engine with another used one, some parts like the head and cylinders were from it while other parts which were in good condition were taken from my engine.
The car is now driveable, but from time to time especially when accelerating for longer or keeping it at higher revs one of the injectors starts getting faulty (big deviation - 5,00 mm3 Hub) but If I drive like a grandpa and don't accelerate too fast the injector works like a charm within normal range (0.8 mm3 hub). The faulty injector comes from the other "new" engine while all of the others are the ones coming from my own. My injectors are bosch aftermarket ones and the "faulty?" one is the w163 factory one. It has a different code written on it.

So I am still lost, what could the problem be? Mechanics didn't fix the engine correctly? Or the injector doesn't suit my car since it's a different code? Why would it work for days and only f up when you start driving more aggresively?
Can that break the engine again or can I continue driving the car like that? Mechanics don't have a certain answer.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance!

In short
-had the car for 4 years, drove more than 100000km, no engine issues
-end of June the car behaved weirdly and lost power while overtaking on a highway at 140kmh
-when I stopped whole car was shaking and engine sounded like a tractor, both in idle and while revving
-no leaks and errors
-drove back slowly in that condition for 400kms
-had to open the whole engine to find the problem
-mechanics told me and showed me one of the cylinders being broken and "eaten", also found cooland in the oil
-had to replace the engine since fixing it would've been even more expensive
-noise disappeared but car starts violently shaking in idle after driving a bit, most of the time it happens only after driving in higher revs (or more aggresively)
-while being in that condition and shaking one of the injectors shows 5.00mm3 Hub on the diagnostics software
-after taking the car while looking for a replacement injector in stores the car "cured" itself and shows normal readings of the same injector - 0.8 mm3 Hub, driving normally for weeks without any issues (readings are done on a xentry star)
-decided to overtake aggresively once and the car starts shaking again
- turned it off for a while and problem is gone again without any signs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom