Injector removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scorpio stu

Car
E230 Estate 1997
Hi
E320cdi
Just failed it's mot on emissions and have been told its one or more injectors. I've found a place nearby that can test and refurb them but he doesn't remove them. My question is
Is removing them something a novice could do ?
I'd like to keep the car but can't afford to throw too much money at it. I'd just like to give it a last chance.
Is there a how too or does anyone live near Ongar,Essex that would take them out or help me take them out
Thank you

Prior to going at it repair wise have you tried the run it up to temp and give it a good caning strategy?

If the injector comes out easy then DIYable. If awkward then not.
Read up on putting them back as that'e where it needs to be done with knowledge.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks, I have seen the videos. I don't think I'm comfortable taking them out, the cost of testing and repairing and then having them replaced.
Therefore the car will sadly be up for sale. I need to change the plate over tomorrow. Happy to take offers for the car if you inbox me.
I have receipts for new turbo, oil cooler,egr pcv and many other parts. I will net break the car and only for sale as it is. Thank you

I have a workshop down in Rye, sussex if I can help? Or how much are you selling it for?

In the last 24 months (before my ownership) its had a new oil cooler, turbo,maf wing,pcv valve,egr,turbo seal. All with paperwork to back it up.

In the last 24 months (before my ownership) its had a new oil cooler, turbo,maf wing,pcv valve,egr,turbo seal. All with paperwork to back it up.
Please PM me the full vehicle details, history mileage etc. As said before I have a workshop that I use for DIY maintaining my own E320, I will gladly help you for free if you wish.

Please PM me the full vehicle details, history mileage etc. As said before I have a workshop that I use for DIY maintaining my own E320, I will gladly help you for free if you wish.
Thanks so much for the offer. I can't inbox you for some reason.

Cars now sold. Thank you for all the offers of help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom