Injector sealing nightmare...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattML270

Car
ML 270
Hey! I'm new to the forum and have been following advice on other post but I'm still struggling massively.

I brought an ML270 last month, with the an injector bolt snapped, and the injector half ejected from the head. So I drilled out the bolt as far as I could, tapped a new thread etc etc.

So I have a M8x1.25mm bolt holding down the injector and I have replaced the copper washer, however this did not work and the injector was still leaking.

I heard about the injector seats where the copper washer sits not being clean and could possibly cause this, so I brought a seat cutting tool off ebay. I used the tool but did not apply much pressure as I didn't want to remove any metal if I could help it (and replaced washer too). However its still not sealing regardless of the pressure applied to the injector bolt.....

Any ideas?

Thanks Matt

are you sure reamer actually reached bottom of the hole? In Some models shaft is touching top of the cylinder head before getting the bottom surface...

the did you check surface of the injector side? Retainer nut surface may have worn as well...

Then M8 bolt is not stretching so correct sealing torque is not applied though all temperature ranges (heat expansions).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom