Injector seat replacement.....what's this tool called

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moog999

Car
E350CDI S212
Recently had an injector seal replaced on my s212 350cdi.....and just noticed another one is leaking..FFS.

I'm gearing myself up for doing this myself. From what I can gather I need to thoroughly clean up and vacuum out all the crap around the injector 1st. Get the injector out, grind the seat with a special tool then replace the seal and use a new bolt.

So I need to buy a seat grinding tool and one of these thingymajigs for getting the fuel line off....see video below...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

At the 2:22 mark....what's that tool called for unscrewing that fuel line?

Also, traditionally I've always used my in built torque settings that have 2 settings, "tight" and "tight as fook"....hasn't failed me yet. Should I get a torque wrenche for this job though???

Oh...and ...what's the best way to clean up welded on deisel leakage from the top of an engine thank you please.

And in that video...is that unscrewing and tightening back up palarvour meant to be a crude way of getting the injector freed up??

It's just a spanner with an offset. Looks like you may get a normal one in there just about

It's just a spanner with an offset. Looks like you may get a normal one in there just about

Nah it's not just a spanner as it locates into a socket wrench....saying that, a normal spanner may well fit.

Dived into this thread quite excited!

I’d misread the title as 'Ejector seat replacement'........

Sorry to disappoint

Pertinent to the thread, I ordered some injector seals from honda today, £4.50 each FFS!!, Apparently they are do a better job than the rock hard Merc ones. Won't be doing it for a few weeks yet but will try and document how it goes.

Thrilling update.

Sorted this today.

Mr muscle works great at cleaning out any crud, to be fair, mine was minimal, but still getting very moist.

Higher pressure fuel line bolts came off with a normal 18mm spanner, with a bit of effort.

Injector bolt came out nice and clean and the injector popped out with no effort at all. You see some crap on the injector seat in the head. This cleaned up a treat with a 15quid seat cutter off eBay. Fashioned some pipework onto end of the hoover and sucked out any debris New bolt in until felt almost tight then 2x 90 degree turns to finish. Oh and used Honda seals.

Also did fuel filter, thermostat, air filters, oil, oil filter, cabin filter....so had a busy day. Especially since I found the metal pipe coming off the turbo had a knackered o ring seal. Quick trip to mercedes in a borrowed car sorted that.

Anyway, just went for a 10mile run down the motorway and managed 52mpg....the OBC has only ever crept up to 44 on a good steady run. So, I'm hopeful that means a few more mpg.

Just need to keep an eye on that injector and check all fluid levels tomorrow and fingers crossed it's well sorted now.

Just got rear brakes to do at the weekend and brake fluid and it's spot on then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom