Injector washer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamesofyorkshire

Car
C220
2012 C220 W204.

An injector needs a new seal as it's blowing (black death!). A couple of questions:

1) Will any copper washer of the right dimensions do, or does it have to be a MB part and if so how much do they cost?
2) Only one seal needs doing. Is it normal to change all four or just the one that needs replacing?
3) How big a job is it? A couple of hours for the one injector?

You do get aftermarket copper injector washers, but Mercedes’ won’t be expensive, only a few pounds.
I would only do one and monitor the rest.
You might need a tool to cut the seat in the head, remember and renew the securing bolt as well.

Shouldn’t take to long depending on how much cleaning is required and how well the injector comes out.

1) best use what it came with - MB.
2) If 3 are ok why change them?
3) prob not even an hour. but depends what need cleaning up.

Further to this....a mechanic told me I should soak the injector base in Coca Cola to help dissolve the crud before work commences to pull the injector. Does that make sense?

Further to this....a mechanic told me I should soak the injector base in Coca Cola to help dissolve the crud before work commences to pull the injector. Does that make sense?
That does work surprisingly yeah, I've also used Cillit Bang as well.

As mentioned above, don't underestimate the importance of ensuring the mating surface of the washer is perfectly smooth and clean. A wire brush capable of getting down the injector bore and a seat cutting tool are required if you want maximum longevity out of the new washer.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would avoid cutting the injector seat, just clean and clean with sandpaper/wire wool.

Any diesel fuel/bosch shop will have the washers in stock.

Running the engine prior to work is best to get everything soft.

I actually picked up a washer from a main dealer in Spain last month....1 euro inc. tax. I asked if they could do the job as I was there a few days. They couldn't get me in for 2 weeks by which time I'd moved on.

I asked MB main dealer how much there shop rate was Answer: 50 euros plus tax per hour.....about a third UK price. That's why I asked if they could do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom