injectors & Coca Cola

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jgevers

Car
ML270CDi again, Golf TDi, Legacy Turbo 280PS, RS6 Avant
Hi,

I thought I would share a bit of useless experience.

The last 2 CDIs injector replacements we have done both had the injectors stuck in the head.

Rather than taking the chance of them breaking in the head I let them soak in Coca Cola overnight. Came out no problem after that!

I will try glowplugs next with this.

Cheers,

Job

You can also pour it over a slipping clutch, so it'll get you home!

Jeez,

People drink this stuff too ...... :crazy:

Years ago we used to use it to remove carbon from weapon parts. Better than Vinegar as there was no tell tale smell after (washed with water after use removed the stickyness)

It's widely used as a contaceptive in Latin America.

Do they drink it, or...

On second thoughts, I don't want to know!

nickmann said:
You can also pour it over a slipping clutch, so it'll get you home!

hmmmm - how do you get the coke inside the bell housing to get to work on the friction plates without taking the gearbox out? or am I missing something here?

Andy

Ian B Walker said:
Years ago we used to use it to remove carbon from weapon parts. Better than Vinegar as there was no tell tale smell after (washed with water after use removed the stickyness)

Beat me to it. Does wonders for removing carbon.

andy_k said:
hmmmm - how do you get the coke inside the bell housing to get to work on the friction plates without taking the gearbox out? or am I missing something here?

Andy

remove the little rubber boot where the actuator arm passes thru the bellhousing, shake a plastic bottle, aim, squeeze, fire. Messy, but it does work.

I got very good at this in my early racing days until I found out about copper-tipped paddle clutches.

Phosphoric acid

Maybe something to to with the phosphoric acid it contains?? :eek: This will convert iron(III) oxide (rust) to a black water soluble phosphate . Same ingredient found in KURUST made by Hammerite for treating rust.

Last edited:
nickmann said:
remove the little rubber boot where the actuator arm passes thru the bellhousing, shake a plastic bottle, aim, squeeze, fire. Messy, but it does work.

I got very good at this in my early racing days until I found out about copper-tipped paddle clutches.

cheers - I was wondering :)

Well I was drinking a can of coke....

But I don't think I will finish it :eek:

Crikey! Sounds like I should keep putting vodka with my coke just to reduce the damage it can cause me!

:D

Wife's B-in-L used it some years ago to clean up a brass letter box. Worked a treat.

nickmann said:
..and to answer your earlier question - administering as a contraceptive is a remarkably similar procedure!

Rory said:
..and to answer your earlier question - administering as a contraceptive is a remarkably similar procedure!

Oh no.

Ice and a slice?

andy_k said:
Was this referring to the contraceptive thread? :rolleyes:

jgevers said:
Hi,

I thought I would share a bit of useless experience.

The last 2 CDIs injector replacements we have done both had the injectors stuck in the head.

Rather than taking the chance of them breaking in the head I let them soak in Coca Cola overnight. Came out no problem after that!

I will try glowplugs next with this.

Cheers,

Job

TOP TIP Job. :rock:

What about flushing the next blocked injectors you see with it. That would be an interesting experiment.

Another good release agent is diesel.

Have a rep.

Last edited:
umm just had a barcardi and coke worrying but i did not smoke when i went for a pee lo lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom