injectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonclk230

Car
mercedes benz CLK230 Kompressor
does anyone know where i can get performance injectors from and how much do they cost roughly. its for a CLK230 KOMPRESSOR

Simon

No offence intended at all - but you need to understand your engine a little better before diving in :)

"Performance" injectors will flow more fuel - at the moment your car has no need for more fuel!!

Koolvins turbo conversion takes the power from 120Hp to 180Hp but it uses the same injectors as the std engine. Acoording to his A/F ratio gauge - he is running rich under boost - this means he doent need any injector improvements for his 50% power increase

If the engine sees more air - it injects more fuel its as simple as that . So firstly you need to get more air in - either by changing the supercharger pulleys ot getting a new supercharger.

Dont worry about the injectors :D

HTH

Mark

Yes, Listen to Mark!

You don't have to replace the injector if your compressor pressure has not been mod...

More air require more fuel, but more fuel also require more air!!!

If u want it to run efficienctly without mod, just stay with your injector..

Even some people replace the camshaft, they don't have to replace all of the injector, as the air flow meter will calculate how much fuel u njeed, and if the injector can't provide sufficient presure and fuel flow, they could just adjust the fuel pressure, to provide sufficient fuel rate for the engine, to have the correct A/F ratio...

If u really want to play with it, you could try to fit a fuel pressure regulator, to adjust the fuel pressure, to certain A/F ratio, for the engine to give Max power. The factory A/F ratio setting was always in the ratio of max fuel economy, but not max power. Mordern engine always run lean to have lower emission....

The stoichiometry A/F ratio (complete combustion) about 14.7 to 1, will give u max fuel economy, but not max power, emission and efficiency; for max power, it has to run a bit rich about 12 to 1, with the Garmma value about 0.85, instead of 1 (14.7 to 1)... If u want max thermal efficiency (lowerest emission), u need to adjust it abit lean, which is about 16:5 to 1.

To turn this, you have to use the rolling road turning or a lambra sensor, with A/F ratio meter....

If u feel interesting about this, I could send u the plot of power, efficiency vs air/fuel ratio by email or to the reply....

Gary!

no offence taken mate i have'nt had the car for long and am a bit lost with german cars thats y i joined this place:D

but thanks for the advice its greatly appreciated:D

if you could send me those pics that would be great

Simon

You are welcome :D

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom