Ink

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
Where do you all buy Inkjet print cartidges from ?

I need Epson Durabrite ones - not replicas.

Any top tips ?

S.

Costco had an offer on recently for HP cartidges, so I stocked up there. A twin pack was the same price as most internet places were charging for one.

High-Lo said:
Sym - I suppose you already know about these guys?

http://www.epson-originals.co.uk

I've got an Epson Stylus Photo 890 - the non-genuine ones from that site are over *half* the cost of the genuine ones :eek:

I bought some Print-Rite cartridges for my last Epson printer; after attempting to print with them, my printer stopped working. Coincidence? :confused:

Is it worth using the non-genuine ones or do I run the risk of trashing this printer as well? I have a laser printer as my main printer, but sometimes clients want to see colour proofs, etc. so it doesn't get heavy use ...

... think I've talked myself around to getting the genuine ones :D

Been there and had no end of trouble with non-genuine HP cartridges ... I'm sure its the same with all brands so just don't bother risking it any more.

S.

I go to staples.
They do the genuine ones and their own.
I've got an HP and have had no trouble with their own brand.
They put the stuff in that stops clogging and drying out of the ink in the heads that others leave out.
There is more ink in them too :bannana: :bannana:

I had a similar problem with non genuine Epson cartridges, however I now use replicas from a company IJT and they work fine. I always prefered to use genuine cartridges but the last time I went to buy the genuine ones, a complete set cost more than a new printer.

Tan said:
I had a similar problem with non genuine Epson cartridges, however I now use replicas from a company IJT and they work fine. I always prefered to use genuine cartridges but the last time I went to buy the genuine ones, a complete set cost more than a new printer.

New printers come with between 30 & 50% ink in the cartridges. :eek:

Tan said:
the last time I went to buy the genuine ones, a complete set cost more than a new printer.

Same seems to be true of most printer manufacturers these days! Totally ridiculous. So in order to get just a little revenge, I now have a printer that takes separate colour cartridges , so you can replace the colours one at a time when they run out, rather than being stung for a whole new 3 colour cartridge when only one colour is empty !!

S.

High-Lo said:
Sym - I suppose you already know about these guys?

http://www.epson-originals.co.uk

Wow!!! They seem a bit expensive my printer takes seperate cartridges £9.90 from the above site £8.90 from the one below, does anyone know of a cheaper site for genuine Epson 950 cartridges. I have supplied the link for your Durabrite cartridges, but are they cheaper than what you are paying?

http://www.mx2.co.uk/acatalog/MX2_co_uk_EPSON_Durabrite_Inks_78.html

Good luck,
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom