inlet port shut off motor delete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winterman

Car
2003 ML270 CDi Auto
looking for the above post a think it was by Alex Crow it was for the ml270 either that or i want to know how to attach the resistor to the motor eletrical plug on the vehicle and where do you get the resistors thanks

thanks for the quick reply much appreciated:thumb:,would still like a run through or a how to complete this delete for the motor if any body has done it.

Last edited:
Have you removed the flaps from your inlet manifold? you can't delete the motor if they have not been removed has they with be rattling around with a mind of their own.

the manifold is off and the mod is getting done on tuesday i have another thread detailing this fix, i might put up the photos when i am done to help any body else who wants to do this if i can manage this ,do you need to upload from photo bucket or some other site or can you upload straight from your computer ?

Well in theory you can do it from your computer but l use photo bucket. I left my motor on and just removed the control arm as it was ok. Have had no problems and of course with the arm off there is no strain on the cogs etc in the motor. Also l realised that l can in fact get it from underneath the car if it needs changing or in fact removed and replaced with a resistor in the future. I meant to take pics of my manifold through the flap removal process but didn't get round to it so l think its a good idea of yours and would be very helpful to others who want to have a go at it.

I guess its been answered before, but don't the manifold flaps help with fuel economy?
I had a new manifold fitted on my 5 cyl 612 eng and kept the old one with the idea to repair the two flaps that had decided to drop out with the gunge in there. Since then, I have had brilliant power and fuel mpg restored, no limp mode, and fitted a new thermostat so its running at 90 C again.

Is there any cheap repair option for the manifold flaps?

well, all that i have read about this says that the flaps dont effect fuel economy and they if anything give more power and as far as i am aware this removal of the flaps is the cheap fix to the manifold as compared to a new manifold its hundreds of pounds cheaper ,eurocar parts were quoting me 379 pounds inc vat and merc of glagow were 379pounds +vat dont figure how an independent parts place can offer you it about 70-80 pounds cheaper than the original manufacturer/supplier and the euro one is an original part ,love mercs but the price for service and parts would make a saint swear.

am still looking for the answer to how to put the resisitor on the car to fool it into thinking the motor is wired up ?Do you just put the resisitor straight into the plug that fits into the motor and can it be as simple as that would be much appreciated if somebody could confirm this thanks

Yes, thats exactly what you do. It makes the engine management system believe the motor is there and working. You will have to source the right plug to attach the resistor to of course. They sell the resistor unit on ebay for silly money but there might be a pic of it to give an idea of the setup.

Last edited:
Mercedes used to sell a repair kit for manifolds l believe but it was discontinued as the cost of the repair at a garage worked out the same as fitting a new manifold. All l know is l am getting more mpg now and don't have the worry of the flaps and motor packing up again in the future. Changing the thermostat to get correct running temperature would probably improve your mpg anyway.

what i mean is does the resistor have to be soldered onto wires then plugged into the vehicles socket for the actuator or can i plug the resistor directly into the plug??

I put the resistor straight in the plug on mine, i'm still trying to get correct size spade connectors, alternatively you could tap into the wires at the pcm.

Here are a couple of pics of mine, The plug shown is the EGR plug that is also deleted.
Use the centre 2 connections on the swirl motor plug.

Attachments

• P6040312.jpg
    P6040312.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 200
  • P6040313.jpg
    P6040313.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 205
  • P6040316.jpg
    P6040316.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 216
thanks for that , it was the conformation i was looking for just incase my manifold actuator is knackered ,there is only 3 pins in the ML270 and apparently you find the brown wire and attach it to the other 2 wires ,will need to read up on the egr shunt as mine is vacum operated on the 2003 model, so i dont know if its as easy as sticking a resistor in the plug or whether its got a bit more to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom