Inlet Port Shutoff Motor Issue W212 E350 Blue Efficiency 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adriansj

Car
E320 CDI
I have three fault codes as follows:

1268 Charge pressure positioner - intermittent

126A Inlet port shutoff - intermittent

P200A Intake manifold air control actuator, bank 1 - performance problem. The description in my scan system says wiring, intake air control actuator, ECM

The car when I first set off is really noisy and revs high failing to get above 4th gear. After driving for a while if I stop and then restart the car say 30 minutes later it runs fine. I am hoping it's just the inlet port shutoff motor and not the turbo.

I am wondering of anyone on the forum has had these issues before and has a details description of whats involved in removing the inlet port shutoff motor and installing a new one. Any pictures or diagrams would be really helpful along with things like torque settings for bolts etc and how to test the original motor when removed.

Thank you,

Adrian

It does send like the inlet port shut off motor at fault. It can put codes in with the turbo actuator too. It sometimes blows the fuse for it too.
Fiddly job. Make sure you get the motor arm clips too. Maybe get a few as they are easy to drop and lose.

There is a frig.
If I remember it is a 47k resistor that is inserted into the motor plug, to cheat the system into thinking the motor is still there.

I once had a Chrysler 300c with Mercedes OM642 engine and they had a common fault of the swirl port motor frying itself due to oil leaking on it from the turbo inlet seal. (Expensive and fiddly to repair) As far as I know though the problem was addressed with a new design oil seal by 2010. With reference to m80's post there is a cheap fix for that as when a 4.7k Ohm resistor (10p) is fitted across pins 2 and 3 of the motor plug on the Chrysler the ECU no longer picked up the fault came out of limp mode and ran normally. The other benefit was not replacing the motor and leaving everything as is. As I assume your engine is OM642 that might be worth consideration. I stress however your fault may not be the same cause or issue. If you look at the uk 300c forum you will see lots of posts on it and you can also get info on the "emulator" that they sourced which is a manufactured plug containing the resistor that fits exactly with the wiring. A bit more expensive than a resistor (£39.99) but designed for the job and lot cheaper than replacing the motor on the Chrysler anyway. At least it might be an option if it is the swirl port motor that is at fault.
Cheers
Jim

a 4.7k Ohm resistor (10p) is fitted across pins 2 and 3 of the motor plug
Yep that, the one.
I've seen it used as a workaround on the Merc engines too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom