Input from indies please, pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Silver CL55

Car
(W216) 2008 CL 500, Tanzanite blue with tan leather. (W230) 2005 SL350, Black with sand leather
R230 SL350 '05. 71k miles
B service, new plugs, replace brake fluid.
(I supply the correct oil)

How much is the going rate for an indie to do the above with MB parts?

Cheers, C.

A little under £500 if you supply oil.

Note that we include Fuel, Arr & Pollen Filters in the B Service.

R230 SL350 '05. 71k miles
B service, new plugs, replace brake fluid.
(I supply the correct oil)

How much is the going rate for an indie to do the above with MB parts?

Cheers, C.

Too far away from you up there in Jockland but here's our breakdown of the B Service, plus and minus items vehicle dependent.

B SERVICE

- Inspect windshield wiper inserts and service screen washer system (Replacement of wiper inserts additional*).
- Inspect and rotate tyres record tread depth, and correct tire pressure. (Wheel balance additional*).
- Excludes AMG, Sports Models, SLK, and vehicles with staggered wheels
- Engine oil change and oil filter replacement
- Includes Mobil 1 synthetic oil
- Lubrication service
- Includes hood hinges, lock cylinders, striker plates, sun roof tracks and top off all fluids
- Cooling system inspection
- Includes antifreeze protection level, hoses and clamps
- Brake inspection
- Includes check of pad thickness and condition of discs, fluids and lines
- Inspect heating and ventilation dust filter, replace if needed. (Replacement additional*. Dust filter prices vary by model)
- Function check
- Includes warning lamps, headlights, exterior lights, seat belts, windshield wiper and washer
- Inspect and lubricate throttle linkage
- Check and clean/replace air filter
- Reset flexible service system counter
- Inspect front axle ball joints; check steering play and power steering clutch and rear differential levels
- Inspect Poly V-Belt for condition
- Inspect starting and charging system and service battery
- Inspect climate control refrigerant
- brake fluid change**

** reqeusted
£ P O A

Last edited:
Thanks guys, my local MB main dealer quoted me £420, I thought that was pretty reasonable.

Not bad if that includes VAT.

Thanks guys, my local MB main dealer quoted me £420, I thought that was pretty reasonable.

I've been using MB Hamilton for a while now, if your car is over 5 years old, labour is £65 per hour which is 50% off. All the Indies in this area that I've asked for quotes, have all been more expensive.

Russ

"Inspect climate control refrigerant" On the W210, that can only be done by physically evacuating and refilling the system: because of the way it is configured, simple pressure testing is unreliable. Is it different on the R230?

Me too, Kirsten looks after me.
I use Aby motors for some things too, top of Hamilton, Cadzow Bridge estate.

Colin.

I've been using MB Hamilton for a while now, if your car is over 5 years old, labour is £65 per hour which is 50% off. All the Indies in this area that I've asked for quotes, have all been more expensive.

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom