Inside of my alloys polished

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uumode

MB Enthusiast
Car
C300 AMG Line Premium Plus
I can polish the insides of my wheels without taking them off :)
Got carried away and cleaned the wheel weights as well.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 371
Have to work out how to do mine thoroughly, may have to buy some bits :confused:

For the real perfectionist you can get chrome, black, etc wheel weights now. Or use coloured metal sticky tape. Halfords do a chrome one.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

When I had my last rear tyres fitted (on the drive), the fitter was just about to use new weights to balance them, which would have been very noticeable on black wheels. I asked him about this, and he gave me a handful to paint before he fitted them.

The problem is that they were very glossy, but a quick flatting down gave me a nice enough surface to wallop a couple of coats of Halfords finest satin black on. :)

Not the best of prep, but they still look better than shiny metal.

I'd let the brake dust blacken them! :D

Now they do look nice!
As Honda say, " if it was easy everyone would do it ", i commend you sir on your efforts!

When I had my last rear tyres fitted (on the drive), the fitter was just about to use new weights to balance them, which would have been very noticeable on black wheels. I asked him about this, and he gave me a handful to paint before he fitted them.

The problem is that they were very glossy, but a quick flatting down gave me a nice enough surface to wallop a couple of coats of Halfords finest satin black on. :)

Not the best of prep, but they still look better than shiny metal.

I take a black permanent marker with me and colour them in before the wheels are refitted.

@ uumode: do you get out enough?

I haven't cleaned the calipers or the inside of my wheel arch liners yet :D

I've yet to tackle the bit of gunk on my door hinges too

Now I know I can get my weights that clean, I might be tempted to do them next time too :wallbash:

Better angle to show the shiny insides :D

attachment.php

uumode said:
I haven't cleaned the calipers or the inside of my wheel arch liners yet :D I've yet to tackle the bit of gunk on my door hinges too Now I know I can get my weights that clean, I might be tempted to do them next time too :wallbash:
they do look good though..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom