Inspiration required - what car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
I recently sold my Springtime Yellow V8 66 Mustang coupe - had an offer I could not refuse. I am now looking for a replacement which has the same presence.

My personal acid test is the reaction when I pick up my sons from school (aged 13 and 15). The Mustang had a certain something (my recent addiction to V8's helped). The E55 and Range Rover Sport do fit the bill but I am lucky enough to be able to put something older and more precious in the garage - budget £25k.

What would you have bearing in mind what I have stepped out of and what i already own:

On the watch list (not just mercs)

60's Mercedes pagoda SL
Big Merc convertible if affordable (most are too dear sadly)
Alfa SZ (google it)
Mercury from the 50s
356 Speedster replica (factory build only)
E Type coupe

Love the chase but would apprciate some suggestions.

No TVR's No MGs No Triumphs etc

Thanks

Marc

Thanks Ian but not seen one I could afford ....:(

They are absolute piles of $hite and you should wash your mouth out:wallbash::D

They are so badly put together it's shocking
Yes I know Olly, Head hanging in shame as I type :eek:. But you have to admit that they do sound nice.

up to £25k to make a statement?

No contest - £16,750.00
1981 DeLorean DMC12 on eBay (end time 20-Jun-10 23:09:42 BST)

100_3704.jpg

Last edited:
A man after my own heart!! :) How about a '67 Cougar? :)

I just missed out on one late last year - a '67, fully restored XR7 in green for £9K.... lovely car! (I know it's directly related to the Mustang, but in my opinion, looks a lot better!)

Last edited:
Like the idea ofRolls or Bentley (Turbo R?) but Monaro is too modern and not a patch on the E55. Keep em coming. I need inspiration........:D

Couger - will start looking
Delorean - inspired - will research.

Keep em coming......

I'd be wary of a Turbo R (owned an early one) - there is much to go wrong and it frequently (and expensively) does....

If I in the market, I was incredibly taken by my Swiss business partner's XJS 5.3 V12 coupe ( Le Mans), which you could buy with your budget and have lots of money to make it perfect.

That or a Rolls Royce Cornice FHC.

Couger - will start looking
Delorean - inspired - will research.

Keep em coming......

Seriously, you can't lose money with the delorean, and your budget allows you to throw a few k at the CarPC guys and back to the future it up.

Bah, Good guys drive Mustangs.. Bad guys drive MOPAR. How about a 2008 Challenger? Or even better a 1970 Challenger..

Otherwise how about a gaudily coloured early '70's BMW CSL?

06GBG571701913A.jpeg

Find me a 70's challenger I could afford ...... Been looking ;)

Ok How about an AC Cobra replica ( an original is waaaayyyy over budget)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom