Inspired Discovery or utterly pointless

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
A keyhole cover for the ignition key. It makes it look like you've got Keyless Go. Of course it doesn't work and does nothing!

Good laugh or pointless gimmick!

PS. Its an MB part!

Last edited:
Do you have to get your nail under it and 'pop' it off before you can put your key in ? :crazy:

just thinking the same thing. in a day you will have to pop it 50 times or more

It'll confuse the hell out of a car thief though - can you get an insurance discount for fitting one??

Pointless, unless you are not using the car for a couple of weeks.
Who else is going to see it though?

Ah I haven't done it yet! Just an idle thought.....2215450514 £20.....

To be honest I cant really see the point, it would mean you wouldnt be able to start the car in a rush either if you needed to. Aint there anything else you could get for £20 ?

To be honest I cant really see the point, it would mean you wouldnt be able to start the car in a rush either if you needed to. Aint there anything else you could get for £20 ?

Given enough time, money and organisation it can be made to work.

£20 seems a bit steep.

I cant understand why MB would make such a cover.

But as mentioned above, its a good way of confusing a thief.

Last edited:
Must be one of the most useless gadgets....

Jump in car at night, insert key.....cannot...key slips and scratches trim. Then you have to reach down and pull the cover off, end up on the floor after poping off.....

I think there are many people who have fitted the S2000 type proper push start button such as this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bmw-...temQQcategoryZ107058QQitemZ150101825471QQrdZ1

OR this 'racing set up'...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Switch-Contro...ryZ23012QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'm keeping up with this thread!:)

Is there a Modders Anonymous? "My names R2 and I am a modder"

or ....." It's been three days now since I last modded. I get the shakes occasionally and can't concentrate but I think it's beginning to pass."

Thats what you get on the W221 when you order Keyless Go.

I have Keyless go on the W220 which is fine, you get a credit card which activates the keyless go. I was going to have it on the W221, instead of the card you have to carry the Key to activate the system, and for £ 800 odd i don't see the point you might as well use the key.

Last edited:
How about this instead?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom