Inspiron suddenly died

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

6CylinderMerc

Car
W203 C240 Elegance
My trusty Dell Inspiron 4100 suddenly shut down & died the other day. Battery has been knackered for several years (that's what happens when it's left running on mains for 3 years) so I can't fire it up at all. There's no whirring of hard drive or anything, it's totally dead when I press the power button so I'm pretty sure it's not the screen switch gone. I'm wondering if it's the mains adapter AC feed but before I buy another mains adapter, what do the IT experts think?

Without wanting to be acussed of stating the obvious ...
Does the mains/charger light on the Inspiron come on when it's plugged into the adaptor? If so the adaptor is OK. Age cracks in solder/PCBs are the usual cause of this in which case it might be time to say goodbye to it.

No lights, nothing. I can get a non gen adapter from ebay so I guess I should at least give it a go before I bin it?

I was away working so when I got home the fuse was the first thing I checked. Light on the adapter was on so the fuse was fine.....:confused:

After much head scratching I started to check the obvious. Turns out the wife inavertantly pulled out the power lead from the back of the pc & never noticed :crazy: :crazy: . Plugged it in & it fired up ok :cool:

Women! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom