Install Pedal box to W212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ph47mf

Car
BMW 335D GT xdrive M-Sport
So I've been given a used pedal box (which suppose to improve throttle response) with no instructions or box, I wonder if any of you tried to install this to your W212? How did you do it?

I have only heard positive reviews about these so I will give it try but I don't want to start unscrewing my go pedal without any pointers or instructions.

Thank you

Sorry to reinstate this old thread. I just want to add info to it in case others are thinking about buying this.

After nearly a whole year I plucked up the courage to fit it and it was real simple. I removed 2 screws, took out the accelerator, unplugged it and plugged in the pedal box and put the accelerator back in.

81rKyYLQUxL._SX425_.jpg

I didn't think much of it as the setup is so simple. I went for a drive with it switched off, like before, there is still lag in the lower rev range even the remap didn't fix (all the remap power went to higher rev range) and it's always a little tricky getting out of junctions or joining roundabout quickly as the car tends to wait before it provides power. Sport mode does help in some way but driving in town or in low speed with that on makes the car jumpy.

I pulled aside and chose for the highest setting - sport plus + 3, set off and the difference was immediate and very noticeable. It's like a mode above 'sport' mode. A touch of the accelerator it goes straight away, 90% of the lag is gone (still some remain during gear changes). It doesn't raise the rev like sport mode does it just makes the accelerator more sensitive, so instead of pressing it 1/4 of the way to get 2k rev, now it's 1/8 to do the same. It definitely feels sportier and goes well with the remap.

What's also good is it keeps the last setting for the next time you switch the car on.

There aren't much in the market that sells for under £200 that gives such a big improvement on a car's drivability. I actually think it's better than the remap I had.

I don't work for them by the way. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom