Installation of Sony Radio In C160

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hermans

Car
Mercedes C160
Hey all, first post, just looking for a bit of assistance with installation of an aftermarket radio into my C160.

I'm installing a Sony MEX-BT3700U, more info here - https://docs.sony.com/release/MEXBT3700U_install_US_ES.pdf

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams for the car?

I can remove the panel no problem, but need to know which connections the cables in the car correlate to, and can't find much online...

Also with regard to the steering wheel controls, does anyone know if I'll need an adaptor? I'm assuming they connect to the bus control? Or will they not work with this head unit?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help!!

You'll probably need to buy a harness adaptor and a can-bus / steering wheel adaptor that fit's your particular model /age of car & headunit.

I don't know what year your car is, but it will probably need something like THIS

Nice one! Thanks for your response.
It's a C160, 2005 model, could you point me in the right direction or would the one you've linked be correct?

Thanks again :)

Hi Herman
I would contact that seller on eBay and tell them what age / make / model of car you have & what stereo you are fitting and ask them what:
Loom adapter you need
CAN-BUS adapter you need
Trim panel - do you need one
They supply everything you need.. and they didn't seem too expensive either.

I had to buy all three things for my CLK - the wiring looks daunting at first, but be methodical and read the instructions fully and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom