Installer of HIVE or NEST in East London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
would like to have a smart CH/HW controller installed.

anyone know a plumber/electrician willing to do the work in London E1?

been told Hive or Nest is the way to go. Any thoughts?

main thing is I would like control from iPhone or iPad, and to be able to have a short blast (say 30 minutes, or better still adjustable) of heating or hot water

thanks.

do it yourself.
It's a very simple swap over.
I use hive for heating, water and lights.
It does what you're asking and a shed load more other complex stuff if you want it to.

would like to have a smart CH/HW controller installed.

anyone know a plumber/electrician willing to do the work in London E1?

been told Hive or Nest is the way to go. Any thoughts?

main thing is I would like control from iPhone or iPad, and to be able to have a short blast (say 30 minutes, or better still adjustable) of heating or hot water

thanks.

We have Hive - it's simple enough to use.

I don't think it's really that clever though.

I had taken a look about prior the upgrade and was planning to go with a Honeywell Evohome setup with some remote controlled radiator valves. One thing that was clear from the quotes we got for boiler upgrades was that the different installrers only wanted to stick with their prefered control setup. Hive came for free and I never got around to ditching it.

Not long after we got the controller that acts as a thermostat was losing connectivity with the boiler receiver when we were streaming movies on one of our TVs. This caused the heating to go off. The Hive system units use a low power Wifi equivalent to talk to each other. I reckon that when the TV was streaming via our router that it was interfering with the Hive setup. We have since moved the router and changed channels and don't seem to have had further problems

On my nest, I can't do any on/offs less than an hour via the app.

I fitted a Nest system about a year ago. It’s so easy to fit Sean, I’m sure you’d be able to do it yourself? :)

Really nice and simple to use, great quality and zero issues so far. You can connect it wirelessly or with a cable - either way you can control it from your iPhone/iPad etc as required.

Has come simple but clever features - eg location services, ability to turn the heating off when you leave your home etc. :thumb:

I fitted a Nest system about a year ago. It’s so easy to fit Sean, I’m sure you’d be able to do it yourself? :)

DIY and me really are mutually exclusive

I have had Evohome for some years and am delighted with it.

NJSS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom