Installing front bumper camera.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Harrypop

Car
Mercedes a class 2016
Hi all,

I have a Mercedes A class 2016 A200 that has a factory installed reversing camera only. I would like to install a front facing camera on the front bumper.

For a few days I've been researching to find out how to do this an have become a little confused.

Could someone please help, is there a port already on the system where I can plug in a camera or do I have to buy something like a interface? Any ideas?

Thanks

Wouldn't you be better off with a dashcam behind the windscreen like most do? an externally mounted camera is going to soon get very dirty and the lens will suffer from abrasion to the point it will not pick up anything.

The OEM front camera is intergrated into the bottom of the large star on the grill.

The OEM front camera is intergrated into the bottom of the large star on the grill.

I dont have a factory installed front camera. Only have the back one.

As I already have the back one installed from factors would the ntg5 command unit already have a port to connect the front camera or would have to buy a seperate interface to contact to it to make it work?

Thanks

I dont have a factory installed front camera. Only have the back one.

As I already have the back one installed from factors would the ntg5 command unit already have a port to connect the front camera or would have to buy a seperate interface to contact to it to make it work?

Thanks
Ask COMANDonline, that's the type of thing they do every day.

^ Yes I did read you only have a rear camera Harry.
In your position I would give ComandOnline a call and ask their advice.
They do retrofit reversing cameras and may be able to advise on what is needed to fit a front camera.

Ask for Mark or Richard 01276451579
Mercedes Retrofits

Hi
Richard here :)

The COMAND system only has one input for camera. If you have reverse camera it is used for that. If you have 360 camera (front, rear and door mirrors) then there is a control unit that takes the 4 images constructs a full image and sends it to the camera. Im not sure 360 camera was ever on the A class though ....

- So you can not just connect a front camera to a COMAND.

It maybe that you need to replace the rear camera (it has a HSD connector not standard RCA or Fakra) and add a front camera and use an aftermarket interface to control it all. Which sort of seems a shame as factory camera is very good and you're paying to replace something you already have

Richard

Cool, but I wouldn't fit it to my W204 because the front plate gets hammered by careless parkers.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom