Installing HIDs on Mercedes c class 2002 coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dragonfinger

Car
Mercedes
Has anyone any idea how I mount hid bulbs into the light casing on a mercedes c class 2002 coupe? It appears I need some sort of clip or casing to hold them in place?

I can't see an answer to my question in that thread?

If it came with xenon bulbs then should be a straight swap. I used non oem replacements, remember the bulb holder has a little safety catch that needs to be reset once it's been removed.

If your car does not have xenon bulbs as standard then it's not legal to retrofit, unless you have self leveling, projector lenses and head light washers. Put simply if you had that lot you would already have xenon bulbs.

You'll need projectors, and a proper headlight housing for projectors. Just swapping your halogens out for HID's will be illegal and no doubt dazzle in those sort of housings

If your car hasn't already got levelling sensors/washers you won't need any for MOT, law states if you have these items fitted on the car they must be functioning properly, but as I'm guessing you don't have them, you don't need them with HID's. But the projector and housing is the biggie

New (to you) set of xenon headlamps is advisable and may be a simple plug and play. If you are not going to bother with anything else (levellers etc) then at least use the correct lamp units. Set correctly will minimise blinding oncoming traffic.

Sorry it doesn't really answer your question, but everyone is trying to give the correct advice regarding legality. Does the kit not state how to fit it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom