Installing pure highway 300Di DAB radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sjhalstead

Car
E 350 Estate
Just got the kit to install. Question is can i just chop off the supplied loom connectors and hard wire in 12 v and ground connections, one permanent lice and one ignition controlled?

If i use the supplied iso connectors would these plug and play in an 2011 s212 E 350? also I assume i use the line out socket to connect to the aux in in the glove box?

It mentions cabin illumination connection is this needed?

Hi,
I fitted one of these into my S211 over a year ago and has been a total success. I just wired the positive to the cigarette lighter and earthed to a good earth point. I did not bother with a permanent live although on hindsight it would save the unit searching for stations each time I switch on the ignition. I hid the unit and spare wiring under the carpet at the side of the foot well and used the AUX as the input. I did leave a spare USB IN .. in case i wanted to use a SD card player, but thats never happened.The control unit sits in the space that was the ashtray just so I can see what song is being played. The radio is permanently on Planet Rock so no need to change any channels.
The worst part of this set up is the paltry stick on aerial, which now has part unglued itself from the screen and seems to work better just hanging off.
Before I did mine someone else fitted one to a 211 and made an excellent job of fitting it in the ashtray space and provided photos. Perhaps use the search function to see what you can find.

Here is the thread ........http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/161129-w211-aux-input-dab.html
Steve.

Last edited:
Thanks

Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom